Aston park fisheries

Thinking of trying it soon, stable lake seems to be the best for silvers this time of year, I have never fished it so can anyone tell me what are the best methods to use and what pegs fish best this time of year?

Thanks

this weeks angling times has a feature on it

i think its been a chopped worm venue for some time now, it always used to win matches when i used to go there, but that was 5 years ago really

Still the same Doug, Aston park has been chosen for a fisho qualifier this year so no doubt it'll get a good few fish to try & keep it on the list for following years.

As much as I think Aston is o.k . It's not even close in quality to venues like Lindholme, the glebe, the oaks, makins etc. Bit suprised it's been picked !

Thinking of trying it soon, stable lake seems to be the best for silvers this time of year, I have never fished it so can anyone tell me what are the best methods to use and what pegs fish best this time of year?

Thanks

when i go up there i fish the lily pond. i normally fish the right hand side of the pond, the last 4 pegs at the bottom end(21-17 i think it is), ive always caught well there. the bottom peg on the right hand side has an oulet running into the pond. my dad normally fishes that peg, using swimfeeder with maggots and maggot on hook. he has always been in double figures, bream and roach. i normally fish a couple of pegs up, start of up in the water, perch and roach usually with double red maggot. havent been up there for 3 months, but got a weeks hol next week so im going to have a day up there.

If you go to aston at the moment the fishing is extremely difficult in some areas. The main banker for some bites is to fish bloodworm and joker but other than that, its hit and miss with the odd carp and some ide if your lucky enough to land on some.

As gazza said the lilly pond - the last thing you want to do is go to the far end of te lake at this time of year as its the shallow end, if on lilly the best pegs are the wall or early and late pegs.

Alex is digging some new lakes - the snow and heavy rain has been washing the clay off this into the other lakes and they are very, very coloured so smelly baits are the order of the day.

A better pleasure session would be on lanta as the colour doesn't affect this like lilly, split or stable pond ;)

What's the quality of the tackle shop?

Not bad. He got a fair few bits of tackle. Hooks floats baits etc . But not like the ammounts of a decent tackle shop can hold.

The cafe up the top is nice. Good food and nicely built too

Thanks everyone for the info, will try to go in the next few weeks, maybe wait for it to warm up a bit ;)

As much as I think Aston is o.k . It's not even close in quality to venues like Lindholme, the glebe, the oaks, makins etc. Bit suprised it's been picked !

Spot on Doug, as far as I'm concerned it's not even the best fishery in South sheffield. I suppose it has enough pegs to accommodate fishomania so that's a plus. I can't think of another though. I know his maggots, worm & casters are a decent price but I still prefer to go to 6am Tackle or Bankside Tackle as a back up.

So where would you lot say is best for some decent winter roach and skimmers around Sheffield?