Is Whitbys fish and chip shop the best in South Yorkshire

So its the worst chippy but you've still been a "few times" bizarre.

That is a bit of a daft one, isnt it, lol. For the record, I think Whitbys is a smashin chippy. Me and Mrs SD often goes and sit in the car with our box of chips and cake, great!

So its the worst chippy but you've still been a "few times" bizarre.

yes everyone was raving how good it was so thought would give them another shot but myself and all family members all agree the chips are vile will never go again.

Well I went a few weeks ago and while not the best i've ever had vile is a bit strong a term.

I like posidon fish and chip shop is good on abbey lane sheffield. One portion is enough for two people to share!

I like posidon fish and chip shop is good on abbey lane sheffield. One portion is enough for two people to share!

thats not usually an indicator of quality, rather the opposite.

A presumption based on nothing is not a fact, my local ,the best in south Yorkshire in my opinion,serves up good portions and of very good quality.I have posted photos as proof of presentation something that nobody else has bothered to do.

It is. Poseidon fish (haddock) is terrific. Chips are poor and waaay too many of them.

So a mixed bag. Really expensive as well.

A presumption based on nothing is not a fact, my local ,the best in south Yorkshire in my opinion,serves up good portions and of very good quality.I have posted photos as proof of presentation something that nobody else has bothered to do.

I must have missed that, a little like you missed my use of the phrase "usually is"

This question seems to come up once per year but we are no further forward.

Whitbys [location?]

Tony's [Admiral?], Mosborough

Frymaster, Attercliffe

Steels, Cleethorpes[?]

Rob's, Greenhill

New Cod On The Block, Commonside

Posiedon, Abbey Lane

Little chippy, Swallownest

Knee Codder' o Br hills[?], Mosborough

Flying Fish, Sicey Avenue

Riverside, Hillsborough

Becketts, Manor Top

Shellys, Stocksbridge

Bostwicks, Hornsea

We had fish & chips from Poseidon on Abbey Lane for tea tonight.

Fish was lovely as usual.Chips OK.Portions huge.

Told the guy working there to take a look at this thread!

For those venturing further afield try Sullivans on the seafront at Withernsea- worth the 80 miles drive!

I must have missed that, a little like you missed my use of the phrase "usually is"

No i did not miss that "usually" that was part of the nonsense.I will stand by my opinion, that my local chippy,Shelly's of Stocksbridge is the best i have tried in South Yorkshire both in quantity and quality.My photo evidence so far unchallenged can be found in previous posts or here.

http://s257.beta.photobucket.com/user/granty1739/media/P7120351.jpg.html?sort=4&o=2#/user/granty1739/media/P7120351.jpg.html?sort=4&o=2&_suid=135997388729609093275980999842

Edited by choogling
Photo link added

No i did not miss that "usually" that was part of the nonsense.I will stand by my opinion, that my local chippy,Shelly's of Stocksbridge is the best i have tried in South Yorkshire both in quantity and quality.My photo evidence so far unchallenged can be found in previous posts or here.

http://s257.beta.photobucket.com/user/granty1739/media/P7120351.jpg.html?sort=4&o=2#/user/granty1739/media/P7120351.jpg.html?sort=4&o=2&_suid=135997388729609093275980999842

just slightly aggressive there buddy - for the record those chips are soggy and greasy - the oil they are fried in wasn`t hot enough.

Edited by gym_rat