Is there anyone on here from the North Anston - Dinnington areas?

Hello.

I was born at North Anston near Dinnington. Went to Anston Brook School in the late 1950's - early 1960's. Is there anyone on here from there at that time period?

Ivan of kath2ivan

Lived on Grasmere Close for a year 1971/2 and had my haircut in Dinnington one Saturday morning. Visited a pub in South Anston. Was it the Loyal Trooper?

Hello mikeG

Yes it is The Loyal Trouper. The Leeds Arms is a little further down the road.

Where The Cutlers is at North Anston was an open field where the Fair went on at The Pond.

Ivan

The Loyal Trooper brings back nice memories of a good pint of Tetleys. I think it was what was termed a SPIRITS HOUSE in the late 50's early 60's where spirits came in a larger measure that in normal pubs. At that time I lived at Swallownest and the damn licensing hours were a pain. We used to go to The Loyal Trooper, then at about closing time drive as fast as possible and over the golf course to the pub in Lindrick village where closing time was later due to it being in Nottinghamshire, plus a lot of "afters" - even when the village bobby was in there having a few pints (and in his uniform).

I have lived in Malaysia for a few years now, but we do have Tetleys in some of the better bars in Kuala Lumpur - but not the same as a well kept pint at Anston

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Malaysia - 8-21pm and still 93 degrees

Think you are right about the spirits Victor. A single whisky was a quarter of a gill, as opposed to a sixth. I think.

Hello victormh

Thank you for answering. At that time late 50's early 60's I was attending Anston Brook School in the bottom by the side of the Railway bridge.

Respects

Ivan