Any views on which low cost insurance band cars are the best ?

Ok i want to buy as car £2k-£3k insurance bands 1-3 ..Im 19 what do people recomend as a good car ?? any guidance would be great

If you can get a Toyota Aygo, Citroen C1 or Pug 107 for that price then one of those would be a good bet. They go for miles on a sip of fuel and road tax is cheap/free (depending on engine.) The Wife has a C1 and whilst I thought I'd hate it, it's good fun to drive and perfecty capable on the motorway. Toyota engine too so nice and reliable. I'm 6 foot 1 and fit in it easily. Highly recommended.

Have a look on Autotrader for some cars you like in your price range, then use a comparison site to see how much the insurance will be for you. I think it tells you on Autotrader what insurance class the vehicle is.

Good luck, I am struggling to find anything below £700 for insurance :(

......and keep an eye for emissions - road tax prices!

a ford ka is one of the cheapest on insurance

ill second Kid Sampson , we have three citybugs in the family ! My daughters have an aygo & a C1 (20 quid a year to tax ) and my wife has a new aygo fire ( FREE road tax )You wont find much thats cheaper to run than these cars ! Extremely reliable too , being toyota engines . Cheap on fuel , cheap insurance (group one ) and cheap to service too . It cost me 35quid to service the c1 , using genuine parts too ! :smile: