Mental Illness Sufferers Sheffield

Hi,

I am creating a radio programme entitled 'how do the Media represent mental illness?'

For part of my research I would like to interview men and women of all ages who have suffered with mental illness.

I would also be interested in people who have not suffered themselves, but that know people who have, or just have a particularly strong opinion on the subject.

Interviewees will remain anonymous, and I would really appreciate your help. During the interview I would ask you to take me through your personal experiences.

As a previous mental illness sufferer myself, it is a matter close to my heart.

Please direct message me or email me at: jessica.martin4@hotmail.co.uk if you would be able to offer me your help.

Thank you in advance.

As part of 'the media' you will be answering your own question.

Besides it's hackneyed and donkey's years too late.

So for your research why not try thinking of something original and worthwhile?

Just a thought on a subject near to my mind.

You will be able to answer your own question but it always helps to have more than one opinion! What kind of interview will it be? Can it be done via email? :)

I am making the radio programme for my University dissertation so am not yet in the 'Media' as such.

Thank you for your reply, Spanadora! Yes interviews can be done over email, like you said, the more opinions the better :) my email address is jessica.martin4@hotmail.co.uk if you could drop me an email that would be great.

Will do, my email account is a gmail one so look out for it :)

i dont suffer from mental illness.. i suffer from the negative perceptions and attitudes of other people and society (and from a society that frames my experiences as a deficit)

If you'd like to help the OP with her research please contact her by email or using the PM facility.