Where to go looking for antiques in Sheffield

I want to go browsing antique shops this weekend and am after advice on the best places to search. Thanks

Near the virgin gym. I think it's called little London rd. Take a stroll and you'll find 3 or 4 places down there, then head down abbeydale rd towards town from the broadfield

Did this yesterday and saw a leaflet in one of the shops advertising themselves as part of the Sheffield Antique Quarter... They could really make more of that couldn't they... Some fab shops down there!

Did this yesterday and saw a leaflet in one of the shops advertising themselves as part of the Sheffield Antique Quarter... They could really make more of that couldn't they... Some fab shops down there!

They have, they've got a page on Facebook and organise regular antique events, they closed the whole of broadfield rd last year Withntheir launch event

There's a decent quality antique centre in Bakewell and another in Heanor. Sheffield doesn't have anything very good, they're more junk and bric-a-brac sops here.

There's a decent quality antique centre in Bakewell and another in Heanor. Sheffield doesn't have anything very good, they're more junk and bric-a-brac sops here.

What a load of nonsense!!! i agree that some of our "antique" centres are more like second hand shops, but there are still some very good antique dealers in our city :)

What a load of nonsense!!! i agree that some of our "antique" centres are more like second hand shops, but there are still some very good antique dealers in our city :)

That's good news. Where are they?

That's good news. Where are they?

I think you know :)

the problem with antiques is when you ask the price of an item

you can often buy the item brand new for less

Think that misses the whole point of buying an antique though which is surely that you will be hard pressed to find another one elsewhere

the problem with antiques is when you ask the price of an item

you can often buy the item brand new for less

That's just not true for furniture. Antique and vintage furniture is a bargain and unlike new stuff it won't lose half its value when you exit the shop with it.

So long as you're not looking for the highest quality of British antiques (Chippendale and the like), British furniture is an absolute bargain. You can get a good quality antique dining table with six chairs for around £400, the equivalent modern from John Lewis would be £1000 +/-£200.

It's a bargain and holds its value.