Is Forge Valley a good school?

Good news people. I think things will soon start to improve, looks like the head is leaving before being pushed. Just seen the announcement on their website...

This comment underlines the negative attitude of so many "interested parties". I have met the head and feel the treatment of this person is quite deplorable,conduct exceeded only by the triumphal attitude displayed above and elsewhere.

This comment underlines the negative attitude of so many "interested parties". I have met the head and feel the treatment of this person is quite deplorable,conduct exceeded only by the triumphal attitude displayed above and elsewhere.

Hahaha Ok. If you say so.

I'm not going to go into any details on a public forum, especially to justify my statement to an uninformed individual such as yourself, but believe me, I do know why this is good for the school. (And I stand by what I said)

Although I did not agree with the closure of Wisewood and Myers, it happened and there is no turning the clock back now. I do now hope that the school can succeed and make major improvements.

That school has lost so many of its best teaching staff recently, and that is a real shame for the school and for the local kids. Fingers crossed that the situation will improve and staff morale will increase (suspect this recent news will raise staff morale quite a bit).

Hahaha Ok. If you say so.

I'm not going to go into any details on a public forum, especially to justify my statement to an uninformed individual such as yourself, but believe me, I do know why this is good for the school. (And I stand by what I said)

Although I did not agree with the closure of Wisewood and Myers, it happened and there is no turning the clock back now. I do now hope that the school can succeed and make major improvements.

That school has lost so many of its best teaching staff recently, and that is a real shame for the school and for the local kids. Fingers crossed that the situation will improve and staff morale will increase (suspect this recent news will raise staff morale quite a bit).

I am acquainted with the details of the libel laws;even so there are ways of displaying affiliation which convey a little more graciousness.

;-0 ;-0 ;-0

Edited by showers

school applications due in this week for my sons yr group we are in fv catchment i am amazed that one week the head is stood doing her speech at the open nights for the school and the next shes stepping down. I think they must have been aware of this at the point of open evening. This does not fill me full of confidence.

The GCSE results are a little bit misleading and will be higher than those of Myers Grove alone because it is now two schools in one.(Wisewood and Myers Grove) which means there are double the amount of students there now they have both merged which means more students will pass there GCSE exams at the now school.

Its that good i recieved another pupils progress report

in post even tho my child not attened fv for many months thats how good

it is just makes you think what parent has recieved anything regarding my

child are your childs records safe

;.0 ;-0 ;-))))

Edited by showers

I removed my child well befor summer holidaysand last week

i received an envolope in post with my childs name and adress on.

I opened it and started reading and thought my child doinf

realy well to say they not attended there for months they

got rite house and year just gave me imformation.for another

pupil we also got attendance letter saying how good my child attendance

is shame they get everything wrong that school makes me laugg

at how stupid they make themselves look

There's no such thing as a good school.

Show me a Head Teacher who has management training and I'll show you someone who changed career.

Good teachers are promoted out of the class room.

Bad teachers are known and ignored.

We all knew / know of them and the constant cover up to avoid exposing the school is a well oiled machine.

I'm a builder. I walked into Barclays Bank and told the cashier how to do her job.

Yeah.

But as a builder, and a school governor, I can tell every teacher how to do their job.

Makes sense?

And .............. years ago teaching was attractive profession that attracted top graduates. Oxford and Cambridge Graduates who wanted to teach. Now it's a PGCE and a profession that attracts failures who can't get a job in the other professions.

The types in our schools are an absolute bunch of thickies; the latest graduate wannabe seen on a TV quiz show would failed the one about how to tie a shoe lace. The Battle of Trafalgar being a pub on the East-Lancs Road. What did Churchill call 'our finest hour' being answered 'a cheap insurance quote.'

A good school is found between the hours of 4 pm and 9 am - when the teachers go home.

Edited by showers

There's no such thing as a good school.

Show me a Head Teacher who has management training and I'll show you someone who changed career.

Good teachers are promoted out of the class room.

Bad teachers are known and ignored.

We all knew / know of them and the constant cover up to avoid exposing the school is a well oiled machine.

I'm a builder. I walked into Barclays Bank and told the cashier how to do her job.

Yeah.

But as a builder, and a school governor, I can tell every teacher how to do their job.

Makes sense?

And .............. years ago teaching was attractive profession that attracted top graduates. Oxford and Cambridge Graduates who wanted to teach. Now it's a PGCE and a profession that attracts failures who can't get a job in the other professions.

The types in our schools are an absolute bunch of thickies; the latest graduate wannabe seen on a TV quiz show would failed the one about how to tie a shoe lace. The Battle of Trafalgar being a pub on the East-Lancs Road. What did Churchill call 'our finest hour' being answered 'a cheap insurance quote.'

A good school is found between the hours of 4 pm and 9 am - when the teachers go home.

I hope we can look forward to your application as you seem eminently qualified.

---------- Post added 28-10-2013 at 11:51 ----------

I removed my child well befor summer holidaysand last week

i received an envolope in post with my childs name and adress on.

I opened it and started reading and thought my child doinf

realy well to say they not attended there for months they

got rite house and year just gave me imformation.for another

pupil we also got attendance letter saying how good my child attendance

is shame they get everything wrong that school makes me laugg

at how stupid they make themselves look

"Education begins in the home"-an aphorism which may explain why some children progress and some do not.

Your post illustrates how poorly educated many parents seem to be now-it rather weakens any valid comments you make.