Is Forge Valley a good school?

Is this a Sheffield school?In fact Forge Valley has achieved better GCSE results than the Myers Grove school suggesting some improvements have been made.Did you attend MGS regularly?

Forge valley may have achieve better GCSE results than Myers Grove but you hav eto put into consideration their was more Pupils at Forge, I went to both school and Myers grove was far better than forge valley, I am led to believe that a lot of teachers have left due to schools teething problems beeing consistent and on going.

Forge valley may have achieve better GCSE results than Myers Grove but you hav eto put into consideration their was more Pupils at Forge, I went to both school and Myers grove was far better than forge valley, I am led to believe that a lot of teachers have left due to schools teething problems beeing consistent and on going.

The exam results were in percentage terms so the numbers in each have no relevance.I hope you enjoying doing A levels and presumably you aim to go to university or better.

The exam results were in percentage terms so the numbers in each have no relevance.I hope you enjoying doing A levels and presumably you aim to go to university or better.

Yes ok sorry I got it wrong, but any how I know so many students that failed GCSE's due to Forge Valleys teething issues etc. I'm just trying to say that they did not consider the year 11's going in, it was such a shambles, I am ashamed to say I helped the school design scheme etc.

As said there is a few Teething problems this may take a while to sort out

Yes ok sorry I got it wrong, but any how I know so many students that failed GCSE's due to Forge Valleys teething issues etc. I'm just trying to say that they did not consider the year 11's going in, it was such a shambles, I am ashamed to say I helped the school design scheme etc.

Ever considered that the students failed because the exploited teething problems and were responsible for their own failings?I have read about many students who did exceptionally well despite the teething issues.

Ever considered that the students failed because the exploited teething problems and were responsible for their own failings?I have read about many students who did exceptionally well despite the teething issues.

Exactly, I refer you to my post #5 in this thread

No a lot of them it wasn't their own fault, and you can't say I don't know nothing because I do, because as mentioned above I was one of last years pupils and a lot of students that were predicted A*-C in lessons failed them due to forge valley. They put hardly any revision sessions on, they used supply teachers, teachers were all messed around, and then if pupils had study periods they had nowhere to study because they'd get kicked out of everywhere because other classes need the space etc, which I understand but its still unfair, also being a former Myers grove student in the last year it was ridiculous trying to take Year 10 GCSE exams with all the racket from the building of them new school. Statistics and hear say tell you one thing but if you want to know the truth etc your have to find out from the pupils who went/are there.

No a lot of them it wasn't their own fault, and you can't say I don't know nothing because I do, because as mentioned above I was one of last years pupils and a lot of students that were predicted A*-C in lessons failed them due to forge valley. They put hardly any revision sessions on, they used supply teachers, teachers were all messed around, and then if pupils had study periods they had nowhere to study because they'd get kicked out of everywhere because other classes need the space etc, which I understand but its still unfair, also being a former Myers grove student in the last year it was ridiculous trying to take Year 10 GCSE exams with all the racket from the building of them new school. Statistics and hear say tell you one thing but if you want to know the truth etc your have to find out from the pupils who went/are there.

No thanks.I will stick to the facts.Read your own comments where you start by praising the school and then regress to criticism.Your opinion is highly variable.Also predicted grades are unreliable and often high grades are issued to encourage students,a means of motivation.

No thanks.I will stick to the facts.Read your own comments where you start by praising the school and then regress to criticism.Your opinion is highly variable.Also predicted grades are unreliable and often high grades are issued to encourage students,a means of motivation.

Yes I may praise the school it has good facilities but the level of learning is rubbish, you stick to your facts but I'm sticking to my opinion as I have witnessed it all.

Yes I may praise the school it has good facilities but the level of learning is rubbish, you stick to your facts but I'm sticking to my opinion as I have witnessed it all.

I have to agree with you over the learning bit.Hows college?

I went to myers grove between 97 and 02 and the school was awful,there was always lots of teachers leaving and lots of stand in teachers and was still the same after i left so no i wouldnt send my kids there!

Good riddance to myers grove

I went to myers grove between 97 and 02 and the school was awful,there was always lots of teachers leaving and lots of stand in teachers and was still the same after i left so no i wouldnt send my kids there!

Good riddance to myers grove

If you sent them there you would be surprised to find it closed several years ago-are you not on the alumni listing?