Is Forge Valley a good school?

Does anybody know what Forge Valley school is like? We are moving house and may be in that catchment. With the school only being opened recently there is no OFSTED or anything as yet so I have no idea whether it is a good school or not.

it's a good school, but I did my year 11 there in the 1st year it was open and I failed a few of my lessons due to having supply teachers or 'temporary' teachers.

Its not a terrible school compared to many, nor is it an excellent school, its somewhere in the middle.

I live near it and it would have been very convenient for my kids to go there but my partner is determined to get them into Notre Dame.

I guess there was always going to be teething problems. As long as it's not one of the worst, a normal school sounds good enough to me. I was originally going to move to the Tapton catchment but it's so expensive and I wonder if all us parents get a bit frantic about it all and jump on the Tapton, Siverdale, High Storrs, Notre Dame bandwagon because we listen to other frantic parents doing the same thing.

My eldest finished Y11 there and came out with the equivalent of 14 GCSE qualifications including A'sand B's. my youngest is in Y10 and doing okay.

I have no problems with them.

It is still having some teething troubles apparently. The staff that transferred from Wisewood were superb though, not to say that the old Myers staff weren't, but I had no experience of them. We live in the catchment, and I have noticed that there is an interesting change in behaviour of the pupils coming out of school depending on where they are going home to. Going up towards Rivelin School the kids are well behaved and well dressed. Going up towards Wisewood, the opposite. That gives you no indication of the educational standards at all, but we have chosen not to send our kids there mostly due to the bad behaviour and bad attitude of the local pupils.

There is a Facebook page of upset parents! Mainly as the tech school as no lockers and when all the snow kids was getting sent home for not wearing correct shoes! Ie they wore willies or boots! Plus no where to change or store items.

Also mixed gender toilets.

There is a Facebook page of upset parents! Mainly as the tech school as no lockers and when all the snow kids was getting sent home for not wearing correct shoes! Ie they wore willies or boots! Plus no where to change or store items.

Why would anyone post a grievance on Facebook?Do they think the head spends her weekends checking out such things?

I think if they arrive at school wearing willies it would be a tad unusual,especially when it was so cold.:hihi:

I went to myers grove school it doesn't get better just because of a name please think of your kids future and send them to noted my family children go their and there excelled

Jessimae which school do your family's children go to?

I went to myers grove school it doesn't get better just because of a name please think of your kids future and send them to noted my family children go their and there excelled

Is this a Sheffield school?In fact Forge Valley has achieved better GCSE results than the Myers Grove school suggesting some improvements have been made.Did you attend MGS regularly?

willies...