Agent wilson , you have completed your mission

Derby, my dislike of DW has nothing to do with him having any connection with S6 at all fella, I don't like him as I don't rate him as a manager. I know Warnock had possibly too much passion, but I've seen more animated corpses than Wilson.

I'm sorry but sometimes it needs a manager to air the dirty laundry so to speak, and tell the team that it's not good enough. There is either that road or the fans way, and trust me it won't be long before they are getting on the teams back, and the manager's, I don't mean one or 2 I mean loads of them.

Yes, I'm hearing this a lot from some anti-Wilson fans, that it's nothing to do with his previous association. Then they go and let it slip by saying something different. Maybe you are different, but many aren't. They've hated the guy since he came in and just can't wait to be proved right. I find that pathetic tbh.

I was underwhelmed when Wilson was chosen. My immediate reaction was, "what's he achieved?". And then I looked into it a bit further and saw that 2 seasons prior to joining us he'd taken Swindon to the brink of promotion before having all his players sold from under him the following season. I remember him taking a tin pot club like Barnsley to the Prem as well - and playing some of the best football they've ever seen down there at Oakwell.

When does a good manager become a bad manager or vice-versa? There are many examples of managers being the greatest thing since sliced bread at one club and a failure at another. Look at Ian Holloway. What had he done, apart from get the sack, before he landed at Blackpool? And since then he's been widely regarded as a very good manager. Depends on what point you want to stop the clock and make the assessment.

I sit not too far from the dugout and Wilson is shouting instructions and encouraging the lads throughout the match. He might not jump up and down and throw tantrums like Warnock but all managers are different. This thing about them having to be animated on the touchline is absolute rubbish. I don't recall the great John Harris doing any of those histrionics and that didn't prevent him from putting out a great team that played fantastic football.

I've no doubt that some fans will be on his back if results don't pick up soon. That was always going to be the case.

I won't be one of them. I think the guy is very genuine and doing the best job possible in difficult circumstances. I still believe he will get us promoted and that recent form is a blip not a crisis.

Yes, I'm hearing this a lot from some anti-Wilson fans, that it's nothing to do with his previous association. Then they go and let it slip by saying something different. Maybe you are different, but many aren't. They've hated the guy since he came in and just can't wait to be proved right. I find that pathetic tbh.

I was underwhelmed when Wilson was chosen. My immediate reaction was, "what's he achieved?". And then I looked into it a bit further and saw that 2 seasons prior to joining us he'd taken Swindon to the brink of promotion before having all his players sold from under him the following season. I remember him taking a tin pot club like Barnsley to the Prem as well - and playing some of the best football they've ever seen down there at Oakwell.

When does a good manager become a bad manager or vice-versa? There are many examples of managers being the greatest thing since sliced bread at one club and a failure at another. Look at Ian Holloway. What had he done, apart from get the sack, before he landed at Blackpool? And since then he's been widely regarded as a very good manager. Depends on what point you want to stop the clock and make the assessment.

I sit not too far from the dugout and Wilson is shouting instructions and encouraging the lads throughout the match. He might not jump up and down and throw tantrums like Warnock but all managers are different. This thing about them having to be animated on the touchline is absolute rubbish. I don't recall the great John Harris doing any of those histrionics and that didn't prevent him from putting out a great team that played fantastic football.

I've no doubt that some fans will be on his back if results don't pick up soon. That was always going to be the case.

I won't be one of them. I think the guy is very genuine and doing the best job possible in difficult circumstances. I still believe he will get us promoted and that recent form is a blip not a crisis.

Nice reply oh & I agree about John Harris and the footy we played, and the players, for the record I was never a NW fan either. I can see parallels between Wilson's time @ Swindon & at United, and I said so before a ball was kicked. I just have this nagging feeling that he will walk, and it will be more to do with McCabe's doings rather than the fans.

Nice reply oh & I agree about John Harris and the footy we played, and the players, for the record I was never a NW fan either. I can see parallels between Wilson's time @ Swindon & at United, and I said so before a ball was kicked. I just have this nagging feeling that he will walk, and it will be more to do with McCabe's doings rather than the fans.

credit to you pal for taking my reply the right way as well.

We're all entitled to our opinion. It just hacks me off when folks get on the manager's back without giving him a fair crack of the whip.

We've seen it too many times. We've got more than our fair share of idiots who will shout the manager down, whoever he is, the first time we go on a bad run. My God, if some of these fans actually were in a position of power at the club we would easily have 5 or 6 managers a season. They really are that fickle.

You make a good point about McCabe. He's the one that should really look himself in the mirror down there. He's made some poor decisions, the ultimate one being not to back Warnock with a few more funds to ensure we stayed in the Prem.

But, what's gone is gone.

We've still got a very strong squad imo. And I do think Wilson's done really well to put out a team that is challenging at the top this season, following the exodus of our better players last season. And I think he's done well in the January transfer window to get those 4 lads in. (Although I've not been right impressed with Murphy so far - time he showed us why he was one of Scotland's highest rated players I reckon).

Maybe tomorrow night we'll see a convincing performance for the first time since the New Year started?

We shouldn't laugh really.......................... oh go on then, I've not stopped since Friday night anyway :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Good to see you posting again Lessy now your club have a few wins for you to post about ...Didnt see much of you when the club was fLLLLLLLatlining , actually didnt see too many owls on here ;)

Swings and roundabouts as you well know ;) be our turn to laugh at you lot again soon enough

Good to see you posting again Lessy now your club have a few wins for you to post about ...Didnt see much of you when the club was fLLLLLLLatlining , actually didnt see too many owls on here ;)

Swings and roundabouts as you well know ;) be our turn to laugh at you lot again soon enough

Sorry CB you're wrong, even if we lose every game of the season, we can still laugh at them from S6 it's in the blood :hihi::hihi:

Fair dos Tup,we've always moaned about the Blades but it's turning into an epidemic.

I suppose supporters of our age have had more time to get used to it,we've never been Arsenal or Man.U. but they're still our team.the team you fell in love with as a kid,the team that has an uncanny knack of ruining your weekend and when Wednesday win it's doubly hard.

I, like you feel dismay when you see it is easier to spout vitriol about the club than discuss the game.

U.T.B.

A very honest and fantastic post, a nice read and a good general overview.

Well said that man.

It is/was the same at S6, not so very long ago DJ was our saviour, and going to get us promoted...I kept my feet on solid ground and said, no he is a builder, then very recently DJ couldnt manage a session in a brewery, Now DJ is doing a good job!!

Fickle fans and all that, i thought DW was a brave man to take on the job, knowing full well he would have to win the fans over as well as manage the team.