Bin Collection following the recent snow

Our blue bin was due to be emptied on Tuesday, that was the day the world stood still or it snowed not sure which, and from Veolia's website:

Waste and recycling collections that didn't take place on Tuesday 5 February due to snow will take place on Saturday 9 February instead.

End of public service announcement.

Me and my husband live in a block of four flats for over 50s. There are two people living in each of the flats. Two tennants in two flats are registered disabled. We are only allowed 3 bins between us. This was ok until the collections changed to fortnightly collections. The black bags were piling up so I rang veolia who said if we took them to the side of the road the bin men would move them, so I have been taking the bags down to the roadside for about 2 months and they have been collected, until today. I rang them and was told that they should not be collected as the bin men would get the sack if they were caught taking them even though I was told they would. I totally understand the men leaving them if they are under threat of losing their jobs by doing this so asked why we couldnt have a bin each. I was told that we had ample bin space with the three bins, in fact, she said, you have enough space with the 3 bins to hold the refuse of 15, yes 15 people for 2 weeks. I started laughing and said, surely you must admit that you are talking rubbish (pardon the pun) to which she said no, you have ample volume for 15 people, people in flats have to share. So she proceeded to tell me that I had to take my own rubbish to the tip. I cant get my breath, I am going to look a right pillock on the bus going to the tip, that is, if they allow you to take that type of rubbish. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Just use your blue re-cycling bin as an extra black wheelie bin and put a few newspapers on top of your household rubbish to disguise it ,and hey presto , you now have a weekly household waste collection again. :thumbsup:

the tips do take that kind of rubish and yes if you think about it a family of 5 have to live with one bin so it sunds about right 3 bins 15 people. mind you i wouldn't bother taking your rubish to the tip on the bus because when you get there they will probably be shut! but hay ho go to the and get a book out so you can read how to recycle better oh no they have shut them too! I guess we have to find the money to pay for this new posh boys train set from some where.

I honestly dont see why youre struggling tbh, we have one standard size black bin for 5 of us and manage, yes sometimes its a struggle but we manage and recycle everything we can.

Do what the neighbours round here do, every time we put the washing out they light a big stinking bonfire in their back yard and burn the lot:gag:

Hi,

I live in woodseats just up from ASDA.

Our bins were suppose to be emptied on Tuesday but the snow meant no collection!

Left bins out as other people but still not emptied!

Anyone know when they will be emptied? Can't wait two more weeks!!!

Thanks

If they don't come soon I'll have to wait 4 weeks!!

If they don't come soon I'll have to wait 4 weeks!!

did you know that you can put all your empty bottles and alcopop and cans of smart price lager/cider in the blue recycle bin? but I am afraid you cant put your empty kebab wrappers in the blue box them will have to go in the black bin

How long do you have to cook your rubbish in a tumble dryer to vapourise it?

Me and my husband live in a block of four flats for over 50s. There are two people living in each of the flats. Two tennants in two flats are registered disabled. We are only allowed 3 bins between us. This was ok until the collections changed to fortnightly collections. The black bags were piling up so I rang veolia who said if we took them to the side of the road the bin men would move them, so I have been taking the bags down to the roadside for about 2 months and they have been collected, until today. I rang them and was told that they should not be collected as the bin men would get the sack if they were caught taking them even though I was told they would. I totally understand the men leaving them if they are under threat of losing their jobs by doing this so asked why we couldnt have a bin each. I was told that we had ample bin space with the three bins, in fact, she said, you have enough space with the 3 bins to hold the refuse of 15, yes 15 people for 2 weeks. I started laughing and said, surely you must admit that you are talking rubbish (pardon the pun) to which she said no, you have ample volume for 15 people, people in flats have to share. So she proceeded to tell me that I had to take my own rubbish to the tip. I cant get my breath, I am going to look a right pillock on the bus going to the tip, that is, if they allow you to take that type of rubbish. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Find some unmarked bins in the area,and badge up with house number and postcode.I have a 43 and a 43A,and run two bins.