How many jobs did you have as a youth?

12 - Paper round

14 - Worked in a cornershop in the evenings and Babysitting

16 - Saturday Girl in the Debenhams restaurant

17-18 - saturday girl in debenhams/ waitress in an italian on eccy road & barmaid in the nursery tavern. (that was a tough saturday)

18-19 - Hotel work & Barwork in central London (got the sack for fab party)

19-20 - Barwork in:

Gladstones

The Stonehouse

The Wharncliffe

Rebels

Metro

Dickens

Think that just about covers my Yoof! :D

Then I got a 9-5 job :|

i had 22 jobs from 15 _ 23 years old

I can't match that, but I might be in line for the most in one day. I had three. :rolleyes: Well one job and two offers of jobs, and stayed at the original one when the gaffer upped my wages...Happy days :thumbsup:

Old Thread. New post.

On jobs from a young age, 16 to 21, in my case....(and I've probably missed 2 or 3 that I've forgotten!)

From memory...1976 - 1981....

1976 - Morning, evening and weekend paper rounds, around Firs Hill, Fir Vale, Norwood, Barnsley Road..

1976 - 78 First proper p/t job, after school and Saturdays, shelf filler/warehouse at Presto Supermarket on Pond Street, first wage was between £7 & £11, I thought I was a Millionaire!

1978, left school, stayed at Presto full time for a while. Left...

went to work at Richards Cutlery on Moore Street, cleaning Mickey Mouse scissors in a machine!

Left and went the next week to work on a lathe machine at Ernest H.Hill on  Eldon Street for a few months, got fed up, left and started 1978 -79 in warehouse and delivery at R.H.Robinsons on Wincobank, stayed around a year or so,

Left and went on a short summer season at Butlins Skeggy, working in the bar, didn't stay long.

Did some Industrial cleaning work, p,t at BSC Tinsley Park and BSC Stocksbridge at week-ends.

1980, got a brief part-time barman/glass collector job at Nursery Tavern, Eccleshall Road...then left and went to work for a guy called Richard, landscape and maintenance gardening, in South Sheffield and Worksop.

Got laid off around October 1980 and went to work for Sheffield Parks Department as Gardener at Meersbrook Park and Earl Marshal Park...left in 1981 and went to work full-time at Challenge Supermarket, one of the best jobs that I had.

After that I gave in, for a while and  went to Polytechnic to study a HND...

Them wer days.

(Thanks to O.P.)