Window cleaning prices

We pay £8 for our 3 bed house. I feel cheated now. :(

Don't feel cheated - if he is regular, turns up, does a good job, and doesn't trample your flower beds, and is a legit, insured business, that's not a bad rate. How can he be "cheating" you? You agreed the rate between you. There is ALWAYS someone who offers to do stuff for less - I run a TV aerial business, and we are plagued by cowboys who don't know or care what they do, or how badly, but their "cheap" rates sometimes make it hard to do a proper job for some people, who think they can get a premium, guaranteed job with 1st class materials for the same price.

- but the thing is, if a guy is doing a 3 bed house for less than £5, he isn't legit, and can't afford to do it properly - and probably won't turn up regularly, or for long.

How would you feel if your boss came to you and said: "I've been paying you £10 an hour for a while now, but I've discovered a Polish guy will do your job for £6.50 - I feel cheated - you'll have to match his hourly rate from now on"

Don't think you would like it.

martyn1949

always wonderd this ,what do you do for money when the weather is against you when you cleaned windows,

Used to pay £4-50 in Sheffield for a three bed house.

Moved here and a guy knocked on the door offering his services for £12.

Told him where to get off!

Do it myself now.

Don't feel cheated - if he is regular, turns up, does a good job, and doesn't trample your flower beds, and is a legit, insured business, that's not a bad rate. How can he be "cheating" you? You agreed the rate between you. There is ALWAYS someone who offers to do stuff for less - I run a TV aerial business, and we are plagued by cowboys who don't know or care what they do, or how badly, but their "cheap" rates sometimes make it hard to do a proper job for some people, who think they can get a premium, guaranteed job with 1st class materials for the same price.

- but the thing is, if a guy is doing a 3 bed house for less than £5, he isn't legit, and can't afford to do it properly - and probably won't turn up regularly, or for long.

How would you feel if your boss came to you and said: "I've been paying you £10 an hour for a while now, but I've discovered a Polish guy will do your job for £6.50 - I feel cheated - you'll have to match his hourly rate from now on"

Don't think you would like it.

Yeah, he does do a good job and is a nice man. And i also feel better knowing the £3.50 ones probably arent legit. I never paid for window cleaning before though this one so i know nothing about how much it SHOULD cost.

Yeah, he does do a good job and is a nice man. And i also feel better knowing the £3.50 ones probably arent legit. I never paid for window cleaning before though this one so i know nothing about how much it SHOULD cost.

There is no way you can judge how much something like this 'should' cost.

Its a case of how much someone is willing to do it for and if you are happy to pay for a job well done.

All properties are different,some have different access points,some have more glass than the neighbours,some are 3 storey high.

many people try explain to me ,over the phone, how many windows they have on their property,I often turn up and they've forgotten a 3 sided conservatory which needs adding to the price

People dont take into cosideration leaded windows,georgian style windows,large bay windows,veranda's where access is needed,can I get access to all the windows ? etc etc,they just say they have 5-6 windows on the property.

Also consider that if your window cleaner is coming out of their way to clean just 1 house,travel cost's + travelling time,may need to be added to a quote,it all adds up.

Dont assume that if someones getting £5-£6 for 10 mins work while he's at your home,he must be on £30 an hour,it may take 10-15 minutes to get to and from the next job.

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 08:05 ----------

Used to pay £4-50 in Sheffield for a three bed house.

Moved here and a guy knocked on the door offering his services for £12.

Told him where to get off!

Do it myself now.

Like stated in my previous quote,if your house is half way up a Welsh mountian,the bloke has got to get there aswell.:(

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 08:10 ----------

martyn1949

always wonderd this ,what do you do for money when the weather is against you when you cleaned windows,

Basically you do nothing,if your legit you have no income.

Its not been a bad winter this year,perhaps 2 full weeks off due to the snow,compared with 2010-2011 when we had 2 full months without any income:help:.

But also consider we dont get any holiday pay-sick pay,just like any any other self employed person.

I am looking for a window cleaner in broomhill, just a small property but happy to have them on a regular basis if the price is right. PM please :)

We pay £8 for our 3 bed house. I feel cheated now. :(

Dont feel cheated,it makes no difference how many bedrooms a house has got,its about how long its gonna take to do a good job.

I dont suppose your window cleaner lives in Dore:confused:as through experience,cleaning domestic windows will never buy you a property in Dore therefore He's having to travel to your house.

I work at several properties in Dore,I charge more than £8 and all my customers are happy with the service.

They are all big houses which I clean,and charging what I do to clean windows in Dore-will never ever buy me a property in Dore:)