Window cleaning prices

Just had my windows clean again that's 22 pound I owe now I never asked for them to be clean he never comes to collect money on a regular basis so the money adds up.he charges £5.50 my houses is a regular semi 3 windows on front and 4 on back. Is that a fair price £5.50 I was thinking it takes what 20 minute to clean my windows so that's £16.50 a hour he is on and I bet he pays the tax he should

We pay £4 for 5 windows (one bay) every eight weeks. It takes him about 10 minutes and he won't even do our bathroom window because it involves climbing on our offshot kitchen roof. They all have their own patches so if we don't want him to do it, we've got to clean them ourselves. Don't think the Monopolies Commission would be interested though. Now as for the HMRC...

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 21:15 ----------

But if you never asked for them to be cleaned, make this clear again and don't pay!

Just had my windows clean again that's 22 pound I owe now I never asked for them to be clean he never comes to collect money on a regular basis so the money adds up.he charges £5.50 my houses is a regular semi 3 windows on front and 4 on back. Is that a fair price £5.50 I was thinking it takes what 20 minute to clean my windows so that's £16.50 a hour he is on and I bet he pays the tax he should

£4.20 for ours, 10 windows in total.

And the wages don't work like that. He may be able to do 5/6 houses an hour, but isn't going to have enough on a round to do that for 40 hours per week. Not only that but ours only does them once per month in winter (once a fortnight in summer), so his earning halve during winter.

If you don't want him to clean your windows anymore, pay him up and tell him you dont want them doing from now on.

tony tubby

which area is this

£3.50 3 windows on back its very rare he does bathroom window,and 4 on front, 5 realy but he wont go on porch roof for that one

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 21:20 ----------

rob 1

makes you wonder how they make a living

I've been thinking of adding window cleaning to my carpet cleaning business subject to demand. £5.50 seems fair, like already suggested if your not happy pay up and cancel him. In my opinion what he earns an hour is irrelevant.

If I do decide to add the service I was intending to charge £5 for a 3 bed semi, every window using the water fed pole system.

I will be telling him not to clean my windows anymore when I see him if I see bet I see him when I owe over £100 think that's the problem if I am not in don't clean them don't even think he cleans the back windows

I'm in no position to comment on if he cleans and how well he cleans but if I do start doing it I will have an agreement in place with each and every customer, I think trust is vital so if a customer only wants cleaning done when they are in I would respect that.

Can any kind Sheffield kindred pass on details of a reasonable window cleaner who may be operating in the S9, Darnall area?

Thanks

Can any kind Sheffield kindred pass on details of a reasonable window cleaner who may be operating in the S9, Darnall area?

Thanks

bronco billy he is very cheap :hihi::hihi: