Article in the Star about bins not being collected

I read this article on the Sheffield Star website, it says the bins have not been collected for 19 days. I'm confused, does it mean they are 19 days late in emptying them or it is 19 days since the last collection? If it is the latter, the bins only get emptied every 14 days anyway now, so they are only 5 days late :huh:

I would never suspect that the Star would be guilty of exaggeration :suspect:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/sheffield-bins-left-for-19-days-1-5368179

I wondered exactly the same thing. personally I think they did quite well under the circumstances

what it really means is lets cause mass hysteria and panic,cos thats what sells newspapers! in a few days it will all over and they can go on to scare people about hs2,wind farms,or a dead mouse found at mrs butterworths,etc.

Six days overdue emptying black bins round here now, getting rather smelly :gag:

The big decision for tomorrow is; should the blue bin and blue box be put out, as per timetable, or should black bin be put out or should blue bin, blue box and black bin be put out :huh:

Six days overdue emptying black bins round here now, getting rather smelly :gag:

The big decision for tomorrow is; should the blue bin and blue box be put out, as per timetable, or should black bin be put out or should blue bin, blue box and black bin be put out :huh:

Simple, put them all out and let them take their pick.

Yep just the Star trying to sell more copies! I think they did pretty well considering - our road was very icy and I certainly wouldn't want a huge bin lorry careering down it out of control! I don't know what some people expect, sometimes nature just gets in the way.

Our collection date was last Friday, the snow had all melted by Saturday afternoon ... Yet they're not emptying them until this Sunday!

Yep just the Star trying to sell more copies! I think they did pretty well considering - our road was very icy and I certainly wouldn't want a huge bin lorry careering down it out of control! I don't know what some people expect, sometimes nature just gets in the way.

The most sensible post on SF today. Bin lorries arent easy to drive in icy conditions.

Where will we put the Star if all the bins are full?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Our blue bins were due to be collected 6 days ago. They are all still out and half of them have blown over in the wind, there are bottles and cans all over the place. We pick them up and more blow in from god knows where! Paper boxes have been emptied by the wind because most folks still have the original hats on them, which don't fit so are useless.

The black bin is going out tonight so they'll all be out tomorrow.

Walking the school run this week, I have seen a dead chicken dumped next to a public bin (feathers still attached lying in a little pool of blood) and a double American style fridge laid out on the floor taking up the full width of the alley, so we had to climb over it. The mind boggles sometimes.

Our blue bins were due to be collected 6 days ago. They are all still out and half of them have blown over in the wind, there are bottles and cans all over the place. We pick them up and more blow in from god knows where! Paper boxes have been emptied by the wind because most folks still have the original hats on them, which don't fit so are useless.

The black bin is going out tonight so they'll all be out tomorrow.

Walking the school run this week, I have seen a dead chicken dumped next to a public bin (feathers still attached lying in a little pool of blood) and a double American style fridge laid out on the floor taking up the full width of the alley, so we had to climb over it. The mind boggles sometimes.

Things have changed a bit in Whirlow of late:hihi:

It is quite interesting to see what other peoples' interpretations of what can and can not go in the recycling bins are though :|