Star article- A Divided City.. see what you want to see

What makes folk want to pay £300K to live there rather than pay £54K to live across town?

The neighbours

Weren't you the one who made up a pack of lies about 'bookies not taking any more bets on UKIP winning' the Rotherham by-election???:roll:

No. You made that up too. I posted a link to a headline.

Which have been manufactured for the benefit of the makers. If the problems did not exist,neither would the demand to get out of a certain areas.

What are you on about? Most of the houses in Millhouses are older houses therefore nothing has been manufactured to benefit the makers (who are long gone).

I watched Look North a couple of nights ago where the presenter was reporting on Sheffield's equality survey.

They took a bus ride across the city from Chapletown to Millhouses, reporting that houses in North Sheffield could be bought for £54K whilst similar sized houses would cost you £300K at the other end of the route in Millhouses.

What makes folk want to pay £300K to live there rather than pay £54K to live across town?

What area do you live in?

No. You made that up too. I posted a link to a headline.

Of course I did, on the topic of courses, how's yours going?:cool:

Your post no 5:

'Re: Hi everbody!! Joseph Anton here.

I'm assuming by your question that that wouldn't be allowed under forum rules and you have a guilty conscience because you are infringing it. Am I right?

I'm a student who arrived here at the weekend.'

Let's look at rightmove.

One flat in Chapeltown for £59k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34881127.html

Comparable flat in Millhouses £80k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29762833.html

Three bedroomed Terrace in Millhouses 125k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40171844.html

Three Bedroomed Terrace in Chapeltown. £80k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36816458.html

Three bedroomed Semi in Chap £110k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38914610.html

Three bedroomed Semi in Millhouses £190k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40356554.html

For the most part, there's not a lot in it price wise other than the semi detached. There were cheaper ones in Chapeltown, but I chose ones that aren't projects. You could move straight into any of those. Without knowing anything of the areas, looking at the properties and the surroundings, I know where I'd want to live.

Edited by Greengeek

Not sure why people keep going on about Chapeltown. The report on the news compared a house in Southey to one in Millhouses.

Do you think the postman needs this insight? He knows where they live anyway.

You're just disagreeing for the sake of it right, you don't actually know any professors, surgeons or probably even lecturers or Drs.

---------- Post added 03-02-2013 at 09:36 ----------

Saying "my surgeon lives in Whirlow" is hardly divulging any personal information is it. It was a valid anecdote to counter your ridiculous assertion about the type of people who live there though.

What is "enhanced" about their status?

I am surprised you cannot find something better to do on a Sunday.Are you saying Dave Basset,Wlikinson and Atkinson do not live i Whirlow?In addtion Prince Naseem lives there,and if you walk down Whirlow Grange Crescent you will see his car outside his gaff.You van get the Castleton bus up this way.

Your post no 5:

I'm assuming by your question that that wouldn't be allowed under forum rules and you have a guilty conscience because you are infringing it. Am I right?

Very well thanks. Is that relevant?

Your post no 5:

Very well thanks. Is that relevant?

Well sir, you seem to be displaying a fair amount of local knowledge for a new arrival in our fair city. What are you studying?

Your post no 5:

Well sir, you seem to be displaying a fair amount of local knowledge for a new arrival in our fair city. What are you studying?

I already had the knowledge of how to watch the BBC News before I came to Sheffield. I also had the ability to read folk's postings. It's easy when you know how.

I already had the knowledge of how to watch the BBC News before I came to Sheffield. I also had the ability to read folk's postings. It's easy when you know how.

What are you studying Ant?