Fire service competition- win £200 electrical gadgets

We thought you might be interested in a competition we've just launched on our Facebook page, which aims to teach people some basic stuff about electrical safety.

You can win a bundle of hi-tech gadets worth £200- including designer headphones, an HD webcam and a wireless weather centre. The prizes have all been donated to us by Maplin Electronics.

To enter the competition click here or use this link to share it away from this forum http://on.fb.me/YbrPmE

Electrical equipment causes about a third of all the accidental house fires we go to and in the UK last year killed more than 50 people and injured thousands more- so you can see it's a really important issue for us.

We realise not everyone uses Facebook, but we're looking into ways of developing similar campaigns and competitions outside of Facebook in the future. Hopefully as many of you as possible can enter.

There is some more information about electrical safety on the Electrical Safety Council website

Thank you and good luck!

Getting "The page you requested was not found." On both Facebook links.

All links worked OK for me; competition entered, score 3 out of 4 :(

Me cleverclogs!

I managed 4/4