Things that you just don't see now!

I do'nt know if this is the right thread for this observation. You do'nt see the stainless steel door in the cathedral anymore. I'm sure I'm not dreaming , I was a choirboy in 1943 , I remember towards the war's end there was some new extension being built & the door was donated by local steel makers.A couple of years ago I visited the cathedral for old times sake- No door & no one seemed to know about it. Someone please help to convince me I'm not going barmy.

I do'nt know if this is the right thread for this observation. You do'nt see the stainless steel door in the cathedral anymore. I'm sure I'm not dreaming , I was a choirboy in 1943 , I remember towards the war's end there was some new extension being built & the door was donated by local steel makers.A couple of years ago I visited the cathedral for old times sake- No door & no one seemed to know about it. Someone please help to convince me I'm not going barmy.

Just across the road the doors to Cutlers Hall were stainless Steel.

Maybe that's where the confusion lies

Daily Mirror ripped up into squares and stuck on a nail behind the lavi door.

What ??? I'm scared of you.............

First day at school ..1951 ,we were given cod liver oil pills to swallow with our milk..2nd day there were millions of em behind the class radiators..do they still give those to kids ?

you can still use Izal toilet paper at the toilets at the bottom of the Moor!

GORDON BENNET!!!!

That would be like wiping your a*** on 80 grade emery cloth. :huh::nono::shakes::gag:

Not like I'm looking for them, but as it's that time of year, Standard, Lion, or Brocks fireworks.

It occured to me this morning that you don't see those big hair dryers any longer. The ones that used to be in every hairdresser where ladies would sit reading a magazine waiting for their hair dye to set.

Have they been completely ousted by the hand hair dryer ?

I certainly do remember Glitter Wax. It was sold in my parents Post Office, and there were several displays of artificial flowers in vases around the shop and in the home made of the stuff. It could easily be made into leaves and petals and thus into much larger flowers and plants. We were always discouraged from chewing it but the aroma was something else, eventually taking on the scent of sweaty, mucky fingers.

Talking of Moth balls i only got some a couple of weeks ago in whitby,i got them to put on my garden to stop the cats from doing there buisness on my garden, i put them on top of the soil they worked a treat, wished i'd picked up more than one box though:loopy:

Did you ever put a few moth balls in a jam jar containing some vinegar and a teaspoonful of bicarb of soda. The moth ball submarines would rise and fall all day long.:)