Sign in to follow this  

Going rate for Mk1 JP PS3

Just got a PS3 in a trade for some arcade-related stuff on another Forum, and I'm thinking of 'passing it on' in the classifieds.

Will need a price, so -per thread title- what's the going rate for a first-model PS3 these days?

For info, it's a Japanese 1st release model (phat/Foreman :D), with only 1 previous owner. Std spec with 20GB HDD, never YLOD, good clean condition, perfect working order (tested with R1 BD, UK PS3 game and UK PSN/downloaded demo).

It is the original model with the PS2 hardware built-in it for backwards compatibility. I'm a bit confused, as I'm finding a lot of conflicting info about how this last bit adds value, so could do with some pointers :)

The ps3 that plays ps2 games are quiet desirable and fetch a decent price, it won't play uk DVD. Price will also depend on the colour black being the lower cost with white, silver and grey being more expensive, I sold my jap white ps3 40gig not long back for £200 with 2 games.

Thanks much denomis, looks like I could try it at £130-odd? (gloss black, 20 gb and no games - only console, std kettle power lead, wireless 6 axis w.charging cable, component cable, new/sealed hdmi cable)

Looking at eBay £130 looks to be around the going price.

'ta muchly, you're a star :)