Introducing parking charges in evenings & Sundays

I challenged you to show where in Sheffield restrictions are put in place to "fleece" the motorist. These are nothing to do with Sheffield.

In the first one, Neil Herron lost that High Court case didn't he? Hardly a convincing argument.

No, you are the one making the accusations. You've been challenged and as usual, been shown to be full of hot air.

It's in the nature of people to want to get off with it when they have contravened the rules, that's why such forums have many "customers"

So, again, you have no information, you just make unfounded accusations.

8.5 what, exactly?

No-one gets prosecuted for having ridiculous conspiracy theories in case you haven't noticed, it's a free country, you can believe what you like, however ridiculous.

8.5 -9 / 10 PCN’s contested nationally are won on appeal. If PS did their administrative duties properly I suspect the figure would be even higher.

Neil won more than 98% of cases on appeal, he only lost one in the HC, which categorically proves most councils deliberately set honey traps to fleece motorists.

There’s various honey traps and illegal / confusing / deliberate / misleading signs / restrictions, throughout Sheffield, I’ve helped various motorists contest their PCN’s and won every time. Hillsborough, Sharrow and Highfields are particular good honeypots for SCC.

When people find out about Pepipoo it is usually when they’ve well and truly had enough, most people just pay because they don’t have the time, confidence, resources or knowledge to fight the system, PS know this and massively capitalise on it.

When folk do appeal councils send confusing, misleading templated letters (hundreds of examples on Pepipoo) And blackmail motorists into paying the 50% reduced rate.

The whole system from start to finish heavily favours councils Parking Services. They know this and use it to leech every penny they can from motorists. I know of several cases myself where the motorist would have won if only they’d appealed.

Care to challenge just one of Barrie Segals 74 listed scams

http://www.appealnow.com/scams/

Or BBC’s Panorama team if its all lies?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b02xcnpr/Panorama_Traffic_Fines_Highway_Robbery/

So Neil Herron, the BBC , Panorama, Notomob, myself, Jenette Miller - motoring solicitor Pepipoo and its whistle blowers, the 1000’s of other motorists are all conspiracy mumbo jumbo nutjobs?

Ah well, as planner would no doubt relish in telling you, there is cheaper parking available a couple of miles away

He`s right.........there is FREE parking available at Staples . :)

8.5 -9 / 10 PCN’s contested nationally are won on appeal. If PS did their administrative duties properly I suspect the figure would be even higher.

Won by whom on appeal, the appellant or the Council?

Neil won more than 98% of cases on appeal, he only lost one in the HC, which categorically proves most councils deliberately set honey traps to fleece motorists.

Which proves nothing other than he won a number of appeals.

The one he lost in the High Court was a rather comprehensive loss though wasn't it? Tried to basically prove that Councils were using Controlled Zones illegally and lost on all counts.

There’s various honey traps and illegal / confusing / deliberate / misleading signs / restrictions, throughout Sheffield, I’ve helped various motorists contest their PCN’s and won every time. Hillsborough, Sharrow and Highfields are particular good honeypots for SCC.

There are no so called "honey traps" in Sheffield and no restrictions are made deliberately misleading. Provide hard evidence to the contrary if you can.

When people find out about Pepipoo it is usually when they’ve well and truly had enough, most people just pay because they don’t have the time, confidence, resources or knowledge to fight the system, PS know this and massively capitalise on it.

When folk do appeal councils send confusing, misleading templated letters (hundreds of examples on Pepipoo) And blackmail motorists into paying the 50% reduced rate.

The process for challenging or appealing a PCN is very clearly set out and can be followed by anyone.

No one gets "blackmailed" they take their own decisions on whether to appeal or not.

The whole system from start to finish heavily favours councils Parking Services. They know this and use it to leech every penny they can from motorists. I know of several cases myself where the motorist would have won if only they’d appealed.

My view of the system is different. The adjudication system appears tome to favour the motorists an the adjudicators appear to go to every length possible to be "fair" to them.

Yes I am sure some who pay up could have appealed. That's their decision. The method of appeal is pretty simple and there is plenty of advice out there.

Care to challenge just one of Barrie Segals 74 listed scams

http://www.appealnow.com/scams/

He makes a living selling books about these so-called "scams". Ever heard that one "well, he would say that, wouldn't he"?

For me, there were no great revelations in that programme. Some Councils make a surplus from enforcement. Hardly earth shattering news is it?

So Neil Herron, the BBC , Panorama, Notomob, myself, Jenette Miller - motoring solicitor Pepipoo and its whistle blowers, the 1000’s of other motorists are all conspiracy mumbo jumbo nutjobs?

None of these offer any real proof that there is some kind of widespread conspiracy to entrap the motorist, but several have a vested interest in promoting such theories.

There are huge numbers of penalties issued, so a sensible person would expect that a proportion of them might have some kind of error in them and could be lost at appeal.

People and the systems they build are not infallible. If you bear that in mind and favour c@ck-up over conspiracy, you will be right most of the time in my opinion.

Parking should be free in all city centres. Build more car parks if necessary.

There are huge numbers of penalties issued, so a sensible person would expect that a proportion of them might have some kind of error in them and could be lost at appeal.

But you claim SCC are not anti car ? This says different.

Parking should be free in all city centres. Build more car parks if necessary.

Genius!! :loopy:

Lets see you jump the first hurdle.... Where is the money going to come from to build / operate / maintain all these car parks?

Secondly...Where is all the "free" land going to come from to build such things on?

Thirdly, why the hell should they. You choose to drive and conveniently park your car close to your office/shop/facility tough. your choice. you pay.

City Centres are not just about bloody shops. Think about everyone else in their cars who live, work, do business, study, visit for leisure and everything else in between in a city centre.

But you claim SCC are not anti car ? This says different.

Is it SCC's fault if drivers can't stick to the rules?

Is it SCC's fault if drivers can't stick to the rules?

so explain how scc are not being anti-car when they introduce parking charges in the evening and on sundays? its hardly driver supportive

And before you start - I dont care about parking the rest of the time, i dont care about private parking, and yes, i know if you park well outside the city centre you can park for free, but frankly many people CANT do that

so explain how scc are not being anti-car when they introduce parking charges in the evening and on sundays? its hardly driver supportive

User pays. A fairly simple way of operating.

It's not about being anti-car, it's about raising revenue. The evening and weekend charges are a pretty cheap flat rate designed not to put drivers off. That would be rather counter productive when the aim is to raise income.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alchemist

It's not about being anti-car, it's about raising revenue. The evening and weekend charges are a pretty cheap flat rate designed not to put drivers off. That would be rather counter productive when the aim is to raise income.

raise income whilst killing off the city at night as well as during the day....genius

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

but it is STILL introducing a charge when none existed and as it is only designed to hit motorists it is anti car

but it is STILL introducing a charge when none existed and as it is only designed to hit motorists it is anti car

You can say the same about NCP who run the private car parks and they charge much more than the council. Just see how much money they make out of the motorist, at least the councils fees goes some way to pay for running the city. If you think that the city is anti car support NCP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Car_Parks