Introducing parking charges in evenings & Sundays

The example you cite whe SCC'S asked people to apply for refunds was when the then Lib-Dem administration decided they would refund motorists who

had been penalised because they thought it was the right thing to do, they were under no legal obligation to do so.

Thats ok then . thank god the council have morals and did the right thing. :roll:

You have some rather ridiculous ideas and a considerable lack of understanding of how and why restrictions are put in place.

Restrictions are put in place here for sound engineering or safety reasons. No restrictions are ever put in place to trap motorists and any insinuation to the contrary is a blatant lie.

My "mate" KB, the Parking Services Manager, has no influence whatsoever on where restrictions are put in place. His service just enforce.

There are simple appeals processes in place for anyone who feels they have received an unjustified penalty.

See as SCC PS does and proven to do on many occasions, you are routinely lying again, these are not ridiculous ideas, nor is it due to my lack of understanding. Lots of restrictions are only put in place to fleece motorists.

So Panaorama, Barrie Segal and the thousands of motorists wanting help on Pepipoo are all liars? You'd be filing a law suit right now if this was the case.

As you know when motorists see an independent adjudicator the overwhelming majority win.

As you and KB know the whole system is heavily favoured in favour of your nasty council fleecing motorists policies. Law abiding motorists must file representations to get their case heard but it is so flawed and long-winded, therefore massively capitalise on innocent peoples misery by allowing bailiffs to operate outside the edge of the law. Achieved by maximum disruption and confusion to the individual concerned, so ultimately relies on the majority of individuals giving in to their nasty idle threats to avoid months of distress.

---------- Post added 14-07-2013 at 23:41 ----------

Displaying your usual ignorance I see.

"The courts" are not involved in traffic penalties. It's the Traffic Penalties Tribunal which hears appeals.

If there was some "fraud" on the scale you insinuate, don't you think someone would already have challenged it?

Bus lane enforcement is notoriously difficult. Most authorities who do it have had issues caused by Adjudicators interpreting the government guidance on signage in a way that could not be anticipated. Hillsborough is such an example. The Council could not reasonably anticipate that the adjudicator would require an additional road marking which is not specifically associated with the signs used and would therefore find wanting a signs / lines layout which has been legally authorised by the Government.

The example you cite whe SCC'S asked people to apply for refunds was when the then Lib-Dem administration decided they would refund motorists who

had been penalised because they thought it was the right thing to do, they were under no legal obligation to do so.

Panorama have challenged it, Barrie Segal has won various cases.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02xcnpr

As the email exchanges in Panorama's Highway Robbery demonstrated. They're indicative of the culture to issue as many PCN's as possible to raise revenue, which is completely contradictive of what councils preach.

Councils are only concerned when the number of tickets fall.

Edited by Green Web

See as SCC PS does and proven to do on many occasions, you are routinely lying again, these are not ridiculous ideas, nor is it due to my lack of understanding. Lots of restrictions are only put in place to fleece motorists.

More conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo.

I have never seen a restriction put in place "just to fleece the motorist" anywhere I have worked.

I'll challenge you to provide clear and irrefutable evidence that any such restrictions have been put in place in Sheffield.

So Panaorama, Barrie Segal and the thousands of motorists wanting help on Pepipoo are all liars? You'd be filing a law suit right now if this was the case.

The cases that are featured represent a miniscule percentage of the overall number of PCN's issued. No one ever gets it right 100% of the time.

As you know when motorists see an independent adjudicator the overwhelming majority win.

So, if you know your stuff, give us the figures for Sheffield and tell us what

percentage of the overall PCN's issued in Sheffield that represents

As you and KB know the whole system is heavily favoured in favour of your nasty council fleecing motorists policies. Law abiding motorists must file representations to get their case heard but it is so flawed and long-winded, therefore massively capitalise on innocent peoples misery by allowing bailiffs to operate outside the edge of the law. Achieved by maximum disruption and confusion to the individual concerned, so ultimately relies on the majority of individuals giving in to their nasty idle threats to avoid months of distress.

Yet more conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo. Don't you ever get bored trotting this out?

Panorama have challenged it, Barrie Segal has won various cases.

If you play the percentages you are bound to win some. Adjudicators generally favour the motorists from what I have seen.

The fact that Councils get it wrong sometimes does not indicate some massive conspiracy. Experience has always taught me to favour c@ck-up over conspiracy.

As the email exchanges in Panorama's Highway Robbery demonstrated. They're indicative of the culture to issue as many PCN's as possible to raise revenue, which is completely contradictive of what councils preach.

Councils are only concerned when the number of tickets fall.

A couple of officers in one council exchanging congratulatory emails hardly indicates a widespread culture does it?

All of your conspiracy theories fail on the fact that if motorists weren't breaking the rules, Councils wouldn't get a penny.

I tried parking on Victoria st, just off west st on sunday and on bothe sides of west st on sundays you have to pay to park on the st.

I have never seen a restriction put in place "just to fleece the motorist" anywhere I have worked.

Nor as it happend anywhere I work either, but this does not mean it never happens, the fact is it happens all the time, it’s just that most people cannot be bothered, do not have the time nor confidence and resources to fight the system.

I'll challenge you to provide clear and irrefutable evidence that any such restrictions have been put in place in Sheffield..

Here is one of many

Here is several thousand more on Pepipoo Forum

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

I’ll challenge you to provide irrefutable evidence councils are not fleecing al these motorists desperately seeking advice on pepipoo.

The cases that are featured represent a miniscule percentage of the overall number of PCN's issued. No one ever gets it right 100% of the time.

You must stop lying, they are not a miniscule amount, these are juts the tip of the iceberg.

So, if you know your stuff, give us the figures for Sheffield and tell us what

percentage of the overall PCN's issued in Sheffield that represents.

I’m awaiting some FOI figures, but for some strange reason the council seem to reluctant in releasing this data, wonder why?

Nationally it is roughly 8.5 council parking tickets are overturned on appeal.

Yet more conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo. Don't you ever get bored trotting this out?.

No it isn’t, prove otherwise.

If you play the percentages you are bound to win some. Adjudicators generally favour the motorists from what I have seen.

The fact that Councils get it wrong sometimes does not indicate some massive conspiracy. Experience has always taught me to favour c@ck-up over conspiracy.

As you parking adjudicators are independent, they do not favour anyone.

A couple of officers in one council exchanging congratulatory emails hardly indicates a widespread culture does it?

It is indictive of the wider culture, whistle blowers from many parking crusaders and Pepeipoo have also confirmed this to be the case.

All of your conspiracy theories fail on the fact that if motorists weren't breaking the rules, Councils wouldn't get a penny.

They’re not conspiracy theroies, these are the facts of the matter.

If so myself, Barrie Segal and BBC;s Panorama team and all the posters on Pepipoo Forum are liable.

So if verything we say is conspiracy mumbo jumbo then go ahead and prosecute us all.

Edited by Green Web

Can we please refrain from attacking posters - debate the evidence or find another thread.

Here is one of many

Here is several thousand more on Pepipoo Forum

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

I challenged you to show where in Sheffield restrictions are put in place to "fleece" the motorist. These are nothing to do with Sheffield.

In the first one, Neil Herron lost that High Court case didn't he? Hardly a convincing argument.

I’ll challenge you to provide irrefutable evidence councils are not fleecing al these motorists desperately seeking advice on pepipoo.

No, you are the one making the accusations. You've been challenged and as usual, been shown to be full of hot air.

It's in the nature of people to want to get off with it when they have contravened the rules, that's why such forums have many "customers"

I’m awaiting some FOI figures, but for some strange reason the council seem to reluctant in releasing this data, wonder why?

Nationally it is roughly 8.5 council parking tickets are overturned on appeal.

So, again, you have no information, you just make unfounded accusations.

8.5 what, exactly?

So if verything we say is conspiracy mumbo jumbo then go ahead and prosecute us all. [/color]

No-one gets prosecuted for having ridiculous conspiracy theories in case you haven't noticed, it's a free country, you can believe what you like, however ridiculous.

Some lively spots right near the city centre you can park for free all weekend, I wont give away the secret of where as everyone will start to use them :D

nice info shared here

Andy Angels flooding the board to try and get 5 posts in order to sell some tat, I see.

I'll challenge you to provide clear and irrefutable evidence that any such restrictions have been put in place in Sheffield.

How about charging for evenings and Sundays? As fas as I am aware there were never any major traffic problems caused by people parking for free in the evenings and sundays. So to introduce those charges is purely to fleece the motorist

As indeed Planner1 admitted earlier in the thread: it's just a revenue raising exercise.

How about charging for evenings and Sundays? As fas as I am aware there were never any major traffic problems caused by people parking for free in the evenings and sundays. So to introduce those charges is purely to fleece the motorist

Making a reasonable charge for a service is hardly "fleecing" people.