Introducing parking charges in evenings & Sundays

The Council are allowed by law to charge to park and to introduce parking permits. That isn't screwing anyone for revery penny". When the government cuts Councils budgets, they will naturally charge for anything they can in order to preserve services.

Parking charges are only about screwing motorists over and this been proven countless times.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b02xcnpr/Panorama_Traffic_Fines_Highway_Robbery/

Parking charges are only about screwing motorists over and this been proven countless times.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b02xcnpr/Panorama_Traffic_Fines_Highway_Robbery/

What have fines for violations got to do with parking charges?

Pay the requested charge and you dont get fined. Simple.

If you are too dumb or arrogant to follow the rules that's your problem.

After my last visit to Sheffield visiting my mum, meeting up with friends for a meal in town and ending up with a parking ticket as not realising you had to pay up to 8.30pm I shall stick to Meadowhall in future.

After my last visit to Sheffield visiting my mum, meeting up with friends for a meal in town and ending up with a parking ticket as not realising you had to pay up to 8.30pm I shall stick to Meadowhall in future.

There are loads of notices up.

There are loads of notices up.

Are they all advising the same,

"stick to Meadowhall in future."

Next time you visit the city center ( if you do ,and personally i would give it a miss ), park in Staples car park .............. Its Free to park. :)

Did you really not realise or did you think you'd take a chance and hopefully not get caught because no one here will blame you for trying?

Since this has been introduced, i notice town a lot emptier on sundays. I may be wrong but the last few weeks have been dead and i notice a lot of shops not bothering to open

That programme was about traffic penalties, not parking tariffs.

The programme categorically proved how corrupt various councils Parking Services are. Councils parking tariffs are also part of it.

Sheffield was mentioned and Highway Robbery proved how councils are just out to milk as much money as possible from motorists.

---------- Post added 23-06-2013 at 22:22 ----------

What have fines for violations got to do with parking charges?

Pay the requested charge and you dont get fined. Simple.

If you are too dumb or arrogant to follow the rules that's your problem.

No its not as proven in the programme. You are obviously too dumb and arrogant to even acknowledge how bent they're.

Edited by Green Web

The Council and the retailers in Broomhill are looking into a parking voucher scheme, where you would get two tickets when you pay and display, one to put in the car and the other to present to retailers, who may give you back your parking fee or offer some kind of deal / discount edpending on what you spend.

Would that tempt you back?

How about having the first hour's parking free instead? Would still ensure a good turnover.

How about having the first hour's parking free instead? Would still ensure a good turnover.

That's not what the traders have asked for.

The first 15 mins is already free in some areas at traders request, so people popping in for a newspaper or making a quick visit don't have to pay.