Ios 6.1 jailbreak

All very sad about Atari.
Don't be. I don't think there's ever been a more 'phoenixed' business than Atari :D

Some outfit will always buy whatever rights are worth having, so long as these rights remain in force. My $ is on Activision, this time around ;)

They used to be an innovative, cutting-edge company, and the Atari of old certainly provoked warm fuzzy feelings from my chest area.
They haven't been that in some decades now.

With apologies for the O/T.

Ok the jailbreak is around the corner but I updated over the air :( and heard you have to update through pc... So do I restore from handset then connect to pc install everything then update? I've not backed up in a while and this would take ages wouldn't it? Or is there an easier way?

Ok the jailbreak is around the corner but I updated over the air :( and heard you have to update through pc... So do I restore from handset then connect to pc install everything then update? I've not backed up in a while and this would take ages wouldn't it? Or is there an easier way?

You should back up and update through iTunes, then jailbreak don't update wirelessly if your already jailbroke.

The reason I jailbreak is for sbsettings and others to tweak my phone. I have even paid for a few apps off of Cydia so not all jail breakers are into getting apps for free.

Looking on their website it doesn't actually say OTA updates can't be jailbroken and even states that they have been successful jailbraking a phone updated OTA in the Q&A section, so probably more a case of they haven't had time to test and refine an OTA update so recommend you avoid it as they can't guarantee it won't go wrong.

As for people thinking jailbraking is all about getting paid apps for free, that's not what it's about. It is a by product of it being open source and is frowned upon by most jailbreak app and tweak developers, after all they need to make a living too. Most jailbreak tweaks I used I paid for as in my experience a lot of the free ones (and I mean free versions of paid ones, not the ones designed to be free) tend to cause conflicts and problems and don't delete properly.

The only tweaks I'm interested in are

SBSettings

BiteSMS

Folder Enhancer and

Air Blue Sharing

According to the evasi0n website the jailbreak is now 99% complete available.

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 21:01 ----------

Just Jailbroken mine after an over the air update and had no problems, in fact the whole process only took about 3 minutes. Only problem is I can't log in to cydia to re download the tweaks I've already paid for. Hoping this is just due to high volumes of traffic expected after a long awaited jailbreak.

Edited by steroc

As for people thinking jailbraking is all about getting paid apps for free, that's not what it's about. It is a by product of it being open source and is frowned upon by most jailbreak app and tweak developers,

Well said - its unfortunate that some idiots feel the need to equate jailbreaking with stealing apps.

Looking on their website it doesn't actually say OTA updates can't be jailbroken and even states that they have been successful jailbraking a phone updated OTA in the Q&A section, so probably more a case of they haven't had time to test and refine an OTA update so recommend you avoid it as they can't guarantee it won't go wrong.

As for people thinking jailbraking is all about getting paid apps for free, that's not what it's about. It is a by product of it being open source and is frowned upon by most jailbreak app and tweak developers, after all they need to make a living too. Most jailbreak tweaks I used I paid for as in my experience a lot of the free ones (and I mean free versions of paid ones, not the ones designed to be free) tend to cause conflicts and problems and don't delete properly.

The only tweaks I'm interested in are

SBSettings

BiteSMS

Folder Enhancer and

Air Blue Sharing

According to the evasi0n website the jailbreak is now 99% complete available.

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 21:01 ----------

Just Jailbroken mine after an over the air update and had no problems, in fact the whole process only took about 3 minutes. Only problem is I can't log in to cydia to re download the tweaks I've already paid for. Hoping this is just due to high volumes of traffic expected after a long awaited jailbreak.

I've read a lot was having probs with cydia but that could be down to the amount of people using it lol, is it any better now? I've not jailbroke yet

I've read a lot was having probs with cydia but that could be down to the amount of people using it lol, is it any better now? I've not jailbroke yet

Couldn't download anything off Cydia yesterday. This morning it's hit and miss. The free tweaks seem to be working ok but still having trouble logging in to buy or restore previous purchases.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 09:26 ----------

Good news - Cydia appears to be fully up and running now.

But finding a lot of tweaks are not updated to iOS 6 compatibility yet and causing phone to reboot into safe mode. It's not like they've not had any notice that an iOS 6 jailbreak was on the horizon.

Edited by steroc

Couldn't download anything off Cydia yesterday. This morning it's hit and miss. The free tweaks seem to be working ok but still having trouble logging in to buy or restore previous purchases.

But finding a lot of tweaks are not updated to iOS 6 compatibility yet and causing phone to reboot into safe mode. It's not like they've not had any notice that an iOS 6 jailbreak was on the horizon.

And there's the Weather App issue... it doesn't work since Jailbreaking, a fix is imminent apparently...

Cydia-changes-refresh will give you a list of updates for apps through Cydia, although it will take some time before they can release any updates as with everything they will have to do testing, I imagine their will be bugs throughout a lot of apps and tweaks which they will need to bypass for the new update, as for booting into safe mode if your using custom themes try leaving them off until updates are out,I find it's normally winter board that causes safe mode

You don't need to upgrade/restore the idevices with 6.1 via iTunes , you can upgrade to 6.1 OTA and it will still jailbreak.

I tried and it worked.

Experts say OTA didn't work but I can say it 100% does.

You don't need to upgrade/restore the idevices with 6.1 via iTunes , you can upgrade to 6.1 OTA and it will still jailbreak.

I tried and it worked.

Experts say OTA didn't work but I can say it 100% does.

They only said to do it through iTunes because it had not been fully tested ota