Ios 6.1 jailbreak

I guess a lot of you are exited to hear about the 6.1 jailbreak that should be released sometime this week, but isn't it a waste of time as installous ( I think it is) is no longer available. I'm no hacker myself but isn't the programme people used to download apps?

Not happy about the JB availability on iOS6.1. However, very happy to learn installous is no longer available. Hopefully this will help reduce piracy rates on iOS. :)

I was only ever bothered about JB'ing my iPad for MAME (since Apple saw fit to kick it out), but never got down to it...and lo and behold, MAME is now available again since yesterday w/out any need to JB (expectedly for a very short period until it gets kicked again by the Apple app police, so grab it quick if you're after it).

Not happy about the JB availability on iOS6.1. However, very happy to learn installous is no longer available. Hopefully this will help reduce piracy rates on iOS. :)

I had my iPhone 4 jailbroke about 2 years ago, but didn't have it done to get free apps, I would be happy to pay for apps. The reason I had mine done was to be able to have more control and do better things on the phone. I have £4:99 apps on my phone now, as I said don't mind paying.

I guess a lot of you are exited to hear about the 6.1 jailbreak that should be released sometime this week, but isn't it a waste of time as installous ( I think it is) is no longer available. I'm no hacker myself but isn't the programme people used to download apps?

Their are lots of other resources to get apps and files from....

Well unfortunately their is also appcake, which is pretty much installous :|

Great that Mame is available again. I would suspect that it's lawyers representing the likes of Atari, threatening Apple with litigation if they don't pull Mame; as it allows you to play their games free, and Atari would prefer you to buy their back catalogue of games. That's just speculation on my part though.

I realise a JB will allow you more control over your device and enables you to do a more besides just installing apps you can pay for on the Apple AppStore. However, I'm going to be prejudice against it, as it allows people to get my games without paying for them.

Actually, I don't loose too much sleep over it. It's better to focus on paying customers and provide them with a better product. Also, the scale of the problem on iOS is way smaller than on Android...

Their are lots of other resources to get apps and files from....

Well unfortunately their is also appcake, which is pretty much installous :|

But doesn't installous open within appcake?

But doesn't installous open within appcake?

Nah it's like torrent downloading, the apps download through a 3rd party through the appcake app...

Great that Mame is available again. I would suspect that it's lawyers representing the likes of Atari, threatening Apple with litigation if they don't pull Mame; as it allows you to play their games free, and Atari would prefer you to buy their back catalogue of games. That's just speculation on my part though.

I realise a JB will allow you more control over your device and enables you to do a more besides just installing apps you can pay for on the Apple AppStore. However, I'm going to be prejudice against it, as it allows people to get my games without paying for them.

Actually, I don't loose too much sleep over it. It's better to focus on paying customers and provide them with a better product. Also, the scale of the problem on iOS is way smaller than on Android...

If only apple gave us apps to tweak lol, I'd gladly pay for them so would a small majority :)

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 10:46 ----------

Nah it's like torrent downloading, the apps download through a 3rd party through the appcake app...

Never heard of appcake but looking on YouTube when d/loading apps it opens instalous but then again old vids.

If only apple gave us apps to tweak lol, I'd gladly pay for them so would a small majority :)

Me too, the main focus of my jailbreak is to tweak the way my iPhone works/looks,

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 10:46 ----------

Never heard of appcake but looking on YouTube when d/loading apps it opens instalous but then again old vids.

Cydia.iphonecake.com is the resource then just download the appcake app from the source's list .....

And for tweaking, themes etc yak is a really good app, well worth looking at if your into modding the look and sbsettings of your iphone

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 11:06 ----------

I was only ever bothered about JB'ing my iPad for MAME (since Apple saw fit to kick it out), but never got down to it...and lo and behold, MAME is now available again since yesterday w/out any need to JB (expectedly for a very short period until it gets kicked again by the Apple app police, so grab it quick if you're after it).

Just having a look on yak and you can download imame4all free which is a multi platform emulator ....

Edited by stingray-man

Apple has a long-standing policy of not allowing (any-) emulation software on its hardware.

Atari's just gone bust (...again!) btw.

All very sad about Atari. They used to be an innovative, cutting-edge company, and the Atari of old certainly provoked warm fuzzy feelings from my chest area.