Parents dropping their kids off..

It would be better if they issued on the spot fines to first time offenders.

jb

the kids today want a clip round the lug oil make them walk :rant::rant::rant:

German kids enjoy more freedom than their English counterparts

http://rethinkingchildhood.com/2013/01/14/children-freedom-england-germany/

The study shows that German children enjoy consistently higher levels of independent mobility across a range of ‘licenses’ (including travelling to and from school unaccompanied, travelling by bus and by cycle) and a range of ages.

Another report, same data

Only 25 per cent of primary school children in England are allowed to travel home from school alone compared with 86 per cent in 1971, and the study from the University of Westminster also found that primary school children in England have far less freedom than they do in Germany.

http://road.cc/content/news/73654-childrens-independence-outside-home-has-dramatically-dropped-over-last-40-years

Then we wonder why we have one of the highest levels of childhood obesity in Europe.

I was once "investigated" for daring to permit my Scouts to walk home after the Scout meeting. All of maybe 300 yards. Considered very dangerous you never know what would happen to them.

The bored copper doing the investigation told the busybody that if they thought that was bad what they got up to in the woods every meeting with me would make their blood curdle...:-) [1] People have a completely defective means of assessing risk these days it seems - they whine about a streetlight walk but are perfectly happy for their kids to dissappear into the woods and do a good job at tring to kill themselves with foolishness and high spirits.

When the kids over 11 and the school is less than a mile away. What's all that about?

I used to walk to school with friends from about 8....no wonder kids are fatter these days...

1/ Laziness ......... the kids of today think excersize is using their thumbs to use the X-Box controller .

2/ Parents ......... they dont want their little darlings having to go outside in the cold and actually walking to school .

When the kids over 11 and the school is less than a mile away. What's all that about?

I used to walk to school with friends from about 8....no wonder kids are fatter these days...

Who cares??? Maybe the school is on the route to work?? Maybe you should just get on with your own life and stop moaning about other people?

---------- Post added 03-02-2013 at 10:29 ----------

1/ Laziness ......... the kids of today think excersize is using their thumbs to use the X-Box controller .

2/ Parents ......... they dont want their little darlings having to go outside in the cold and actually walking to school .

I don't think it's so easy to point the finger at lazy kids and parents.

It's got just as much to do with the crap that we eat and drink. Todays supermarket and convenience food way of life is more to blame than video games and TV.

Congratulations for living in a country where no kid ever gets kidnapped, or raped, or murdered by some pedo or other. I won't even let my sub teen grandkids play in my yard unless I have them in full view.

Edited by buck

It does far more damage to mollycoddle kids than it does to put them at the extremely negligible risk of kidnap or murder.

It does far more damage to mollycoddle kids than it does to put them at the extremely negligible risk of kidnap or murder.

You have to find a reasonable balance between recklessly exposing your child to danger and overprotecting them to the point where they grow up timid and unadventurous.

Depending on where you live, you may have to draw that line in a different place from another parent. But in essence, Happ Hazzard is right.

You have to find a reasonable balance between recklessly exposing your child to danger and overprotecting them to the point where they grow up timid and unadventurous.

Depending on where you live, you may have to draw that line in a different place from another parent. But in essence, Happ Hazzard is right.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but being close to a highway here is too dangerous to allow small children to play without supervision. If you're able to do so then good luck to you. Meanwhile I would like to see mine grow up. Edited by buck

My life isn't so mundane that I notice or care. Each to there own.

To be fair it is only a real annoyance for people (like me) that live near schools.

Fair enough if someone lives a good few miles away from the school then by all means I see the logic in driving the kids maybe. Still there is a school bus which seems to work and most buses take kids directly outside the school.

Id say over the last 10 years even more parents seems to have decided to drop there kids off by car well by people carrier really or 4x4. They do park in stupid places as well and then more annoying when you find out half of the cars by the school have only driven a few blocks away.

Not sure people would mind so much if they parked in safe places and didn't park right across peoples drive ways but worse still they park on the bus stop that drops some kids off! lol

I'm sorry to have to say this, but being close to a highway here is too dangerous to allow small children to play without supervision. If you're able to do so then good luck to you. Meanwhile I would like to see mine grow up.

move away from the highway then.:loopy: