Living in Walkley

Oh, and if you live in Walkley you are not far from one of the best pubs in Sheffield, The Blake Hotel.

And nearby Commonside has the equally popular Hallamshire House, an excellent chip shop, New Cod On The Block, and one of the finest Indian takeaways/restaurants in town, Rajputs.

Do you mean Walkley Road?

Walkley *Lane* runs from just past the Crown/Florist (after walkley rd has veered left - though the road seem the same one) down to Hillsborough.

Walkley *Road* starts at end of south road and goes down the hill towards Hillsborough but then turns left after Crown/Florist - its parallel with South rd with palm st, freedom rd etc running between them.

it gets very confusing & most people get the "road" and "lane" mixed up!

You mean Walkley Road turns *right* just after the Crown/Florist surely?

I used to live at 108 Walkley Road and it was definitely on the right turn if you're coming down from South Road just after the Crown and Florist.

If you can, check the electoral register for houses of multiple occupancy in the neighbourhood as this will denote student accommodation which can be bit noisy at times. Other than that, I think Walkley's a great place to live. We moved there from Crookes before we moved to Stannington.

You mean Walkley Road turns *right* just after the Crown/Florist surely?

it depends if your walking up or down the hill!

But yes, its right if you're going down the hill

Came to Sheffield 30 years ago as student. Lived in Broomhill and Crookes - loved both but when time came to buy ... couldn't afford to buy there. Bought in Walkley. Could have moved since. Haven't. Nuff said! Haz - come and look round - tis lovely.

I loved living in Walkley - favourite places included Gulistan for a takeaway, Tikka Masala for a sit down, the Blake pub, and the Bank bakery. Parsonage can indeed be a bit of a rat run though and drivers tend to travel down there quite fast and many seem to forget that they have an indicator when turning right down Parsonage Street. Parking can be tricky and always difficult to get the car out when it's snowed!

I live just around the corner from Parsonage with my husband and two young kids. We originally wanted to live in Crookes but like you say the price difference is significant so we moved to Walkley and we love it here. It's close to the Bolehills and Rivelin so there's some nice walks. If you're really thinking ahead though it may be worth considering that S10 is in catchment for some highly regarded schools and that's probably why it's more expensive.

I live just around the corner from Parsonage with my husband and two young kids. We originally wanted to live in Crookes but like you say the price difference is significant so we moved to Walkley and we love it here. It's close to the Bolehills and Rivelin so there's some nice walks. If you're really thinking ahead though it may be worth considering that S10 is in catchment for some highly regarded schools and that's probably why it's more expensive.

We're S6 and our kids went to Westways and then King Teds.

We're S6 and our kids went to Westways and then King Teds.

Oh really? That's what we're hoping for : )

Oh really? That's what we're hoping for : )

Westways is packed, so I hope you are applying for Foundation.

As you can see from my name I live in Walkley and have done so since 1973.

Great place to live, and all I would say try and make sure you can get reasonable access to 52, 95 (which seems erratic these days) and Supertram. I walk down the hill to the Tram and catch a bus back.

Schools - ours went to Morley St. and then King Teds.

Used to have some great pubs - going down now...