Recommendations for a dog behaviorist?

Just as the title says. I'm looking for a tried and tested behaviorist in Sheffield.

I personally have used Phil Jackson of PJ dog training and have found him very good. His website is http://www.pjdogtraining.co.uk

Thanks

Sarah

Edited by sarahjane

Not sure there are many 'behaviorists' in the area but there are a fair few trainers around.

I do think it depends on what you need them for. If you are looking for a behaviorist I would ask for a referral through your vets.

I recommend different trainers for different problems. I have used PJ dog training and liked their approach.

What type of behaviors are you trying to solve? If it is an aggression problem be careful who you go with.

Edited by Evei

Not sure there are many 'behaviorists' in the area but there are a fair few trainers around.

I do think it depends on what you need them for. If you are looking for a behaviorist I would ask for a referral through your vets.

I recommend different trainers for different problems. I have used PJ dog training and liked their approach.

What type of behaviors are you trying to solve? If it is an aggression problem be careful who you go with.

It's general over-excitement, especially when meeting other dogs. He totally fixates and likes to be on two legs. No aggression, just a very stubborn dog that doesn't accept treats or toys when outside!

It's general over-excitement, especially when meeting other dogs. He totally fixates and likes to be on two legs. No aggression, just a very stubborn dog that doesn't accept treats or toys when outside!

:hihi: sounds fun! I think you just need a trainer :) I have used PJ training above, he is lovely, I am sure either will be able to help you. Good luck and please let us know how you get on, people are always asking for good trainers so it is nice to hear recommendations and the problems they overcame,. It helps people to have somewhere to start when looking for a trainer.

:hihi: sounds fun! I think you just need a trainer :) I have used PJ training above, he is lovely, I am sure either will be able to help you. Good luck and please let us know how you get on, people are always asking for good trainers so it is nice to hear recommendations and the problems they overcame,. It helps people to have somewhere to start when looking for a trainer.

We've seen a few trainers and none have been able to help. He's special that's for sure!

I'll have a read of the ones suggested - thanks.

We've seen a few trainers and none have been able to help. He's special that's for sure!

Oh dear! I know that PJ will be honest with you and if they don't think they can help when you tell them what you have tried they will tell you. Nothing worse than wasting money for no results if your doing what they tell you.

What techniques have you tried so far?

Another vote for PJ here. He will be upfront with you if he doens't think he can fix it. Good luck :)

Bono Fido also come highly recommended by 6 of my customers

What breed of dog is he ?