Hi does any body remember me jean Longhurst from new hall school

Hello, I remember you. We lived in the same yard on Alfred road, and we were in the same class at school until 1962 when I went to Owler Lane.We were in the corner of the yard, (Battersby) then Latham, Bamford, Costa, Nuthall.

Hi is it Donald how are you yes you were the brainy one.how is Cristine,was it Ronald and I cannot remember the rest.What did you do after leaving school.We had some good times in your house your mum was lovely very kind to me Jean

Yes, I'm Donald. The rest of my family are; Keith,Christine, Ronnie, Ian, Bob, Moira and Barbara. We all live in or near Sheffield except Barbara, who lives in Menorca with husband Juan and three children ( grown up now).

After leaving school I took an engineering apprenticeship with Arthur Lee & Sons, where my dad worked. Made redundant in 1980, I went to Sunblest Bakeries. Redundant again in 2001, I'n now at Fletcher's Bakeries, looking forward to retirement in two years time

Yes, I'm Donald. The rest of my family are; Keith,Christine, Ronnie, Ian, Bob, Moira and Barbara. We all live in or near Sheffield except Barbara, who lives in Menorca with husband Juan and three children ( grown up now).

After leaving school I took an engineering apprenticeship with Arthur Lee & Sons, where my dad worked. Made redundant in 1980, I went to Sunblest Bakeries. Redundant again in 2001, I'n now at Fletcher's Bakeries, looking forward to retirement in two years time

Hi Donboy,I am retired now had to through ill health.We have two children,Lee 39,Fiona 36, who has a son Sam 8.

Hello again Jean. I got married in '74, divorced '04. Two daughters, Sarah and Emma. Emma was killed in '93. Sarah, 36 has a daughter Gemma, 18.

You asked about Christine. She's in her second marriage after divorcing (over 30 years ago) the father of her three children, Robert, Richard and Catriona, who have all married ( Richard twice) and had children of their own.Christine's husband had a stroke and a heart attack whilst on holiday about 3 years ago. This affected his memory and speach, and he now walks with a stick.

Hi this is Jean Longhurst from Alford Road, Brightside.

I just wondered if anyone on here remembers me or my brother John

hi my brother michael wilks remembers you very well we lived at 42 dane st from 1960 to 67 and went to newhall rd school

hi my brother michael wilks remembers you very well we lived at 42 dane st from 1960 to 67 and went to newhall rd school

Hi dane st girl,remember my family from 38 dane st ,the Hayes"s

Hi dane st girl,remember my family from 38 dane st ,the Hayes"s

of course i do my other brother was eric i was the same age as tony i think

Hi this is Jean Longhurst from Alford Road, Brightside.

I just wondered if anyone on here remembers me or my brother John

hello jean,yes i remember you very well, i have been trying to get in touch for a while now,i used to go to hartley brook, caught the same bus too,remember we used to talk in co-op doorway, by the way i now live in clowne not too far away eh. i'm mick wilks,from dane street.

Hi Jean, my married name is Longhurst, I'm trying to do my kids a family tree, are you related???? Husbands name was Ronald and his dad's was as well his mum was Irean, husband had a sister called Rita, his dad had at least 1 brother called Eric, that's all I know, all from Sheffield :)

Hello Jean, I have only just seen your thread and I remember you from Hartley Brook. You might not remember me because I only came to the school in May 1963 (from Meynell Road) but I'm sure we were in the same class/year. You may remember Eileen Smith who is a neighbour of mine.

You also mention John Colville who was with me in the football, cricket and tennis teams. I was Head Boy after John left school - I had stayed on in the fifth year to take RSAs.

Ironically,I then came across John again when we both played football for Penguin FC in the early seventies. Great memories and glad to hear you are ok.

Hello Jean Longhurst. I remember you and your yard. I have a, fond, memory walking with you down Newhall Rd aged 10 or so and after we had been to the Attercliffe roller skating ring, possibly a Friday evening. Likewise I remember Donald and him passing, (1/2), the 11 plus to Owler Lane, I was envious. I first learned to ride a pushbike in your yard. Here are some names of kids in the same year. Jean Ocrassa (I think a friend or near neighbour of yours), John Colville (of course), Terry Richards (we were friends till he punched me in the nose), Ernest Gillbethorpe, I (I had a photo of him and me hanging onto my yard wall), Steve Howden, Paul Fitzjohn (I remember a charity holiday at the Castleton CC center,and BatMan comics), Jim Buck(avid reader and contributor to these forums). I have a photo of the football team, me included (back row by 'Plant'), who won the Sanderson Trophy against Lydgett Lane school (one all then one nil in the replay at Ball Inn where Steven Wass, lived by the Don, saved a penalty), was it 60-61 season? Our prize was 11 seats in the bottom left hand corner for the opening game of the SWFC Cantilever stand.

Best wishes William (Billy) Clay