UKIP to help BNP get European money

There are laws against racism, sexism etc - extremist groups (of every ilk) break those laws by their words and deeds and should be banned, not financed by the public purse

Of course they don't believe in democracy. "They" are a silly little corrupt fat racist man with a handfull of hangers on. However, that is not the question, it is do we believe in democracy? Said fat git got elected, I very much doubt he will again. However while elected should he be treated any differently than any other MEP?

It's how you define being treated differently. Allowed a freedom to spout their views, yes unquestionably. But, the elected representatives should also be allowed to judge upon whether a political argument exists too far on the edge of the political margins for them to allow our money to be spent on promoting it.

It's how you define being treated differently. Allowed a freedom to spout their views, yes unquestionably. But, the elected representatives should also be allowed to judge upon whether a political argument exists too far on the edge of the political margins for them to allow our money to be spent on promoting it.

No they shouldn't. They're already getting our money via the commission.

In my view not one of them should get a penny. But as they sadly do at the moment get it to allow the majority to suck off the taxpayers teet and deny their elected political enemies our money is profoundly antidemocratic.

I really don't get why this is proving so complicated.

No they shouldn't. They're already getting our money via the commission.

In my view not one of them should get a penny. But as they sadly do at the moment get it to allow the majority to suck off the taxpayers teet and deny their elected political enemies our money is profoundly antidemocratic.

I really don't get why this is proving so complicated.

And that's how it should be,

State funding for political parties leads to arrogance, corruption and authoritarianism

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100200358/state-funding-for-political-parties-leads-to-arrogance-corruption-and-in-the-end-arbitrary-rule/

Its amazing how Sheffield Forum believes in freedom of speech and the right to vote for any political party... as long as it's the "right" political party or the right belief system.

So many comments on illegal activities... like the current political parties haven't been involved with countless crimes, and those are just the ones the media has uncovered...

Just something I've observed about this forum over the many years I've been here.

You say our money shouldn't be given to parties like the BNP, but some of that money was paid into the system by BNP members and supporters of the BNP, I imagining they don’t want their money being given to the other parties.

Not sure we should have a system in which the voted representatives have the power to disallow one parties funding, whist allowing another parties funding, it wouldn’t be a stretch for the elected members to ban other parties or even elections once they have power.

The way to fight the BNP is for the major parties to gain some appeal and attract the people that vote for the BNP.

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 07:56 ----------

Its amazing how Sheffield Forum believes in freedom of speech and the right to vote for any political party... as long as it's the "right" political party or the right belief system.

So many comments on illegal activities... like the current political parties haven't been involved with countless crimes, and those are just the ones the media has uncovered...

Just something I've observed about this forum over the many years I've been here.

I agree, anyone would think the other parties have a very high moral code that they follow relentlessly, unfortunately corruption and lies are part of politics and to penalise one party and not them all would be a tad hypocritical.

You say our money shouldn't be given to parties like the BNP, but some of that money was paid into the system by BNP members and supporters of the BNP, I imagining they don’t want their money being given to the other parties.

Not sure we should have a system in which the voted representatives have the power to disallow one parties funding, whist allowing another parties funding, it wouldn’t be a stretch for the elected members to ban other parties or even elections once they have power.

The way to fight the BNP is for the major parties to gain some appeal and attract the people that vote for the BNP.

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 07:56 ----------

I agree, anyone would think the other parties have a very high moral code that they follow relentlessly, unfortunately corruption and lies are part of politics and to penalise one party and not them all would be a tad hypocritical.

The MPs are not the party merely the current representatives.The rank and file of the principal parties are not corrupt,or tainted.I am not sure that the membership of the BNP are of an equal pedigree,or intellect.

The MPs are not the party merely the current representatives.The rank and file of the principal parties are not corrupt,or tainted.I am not sure that the membership of the BNP are of an equal pedigree,or intellect.

What gives you that impression?

Membership of the BNP is a diverse group from teachers, doctors and even the police, although serving police officers will are still discriminated against because of their political affiliations.

What gives you that impression?

Membership of the BNP is a diverse group from teachers, doctors and even the police, although serving police officers will are still discriminated against because of their political affiliations.

Well the rank and file do not place false expenses claims for compensation.

To add the police to the ranks of BNP does suggest some level of corruption present,given recent deaths in custody,the debacle over Hillsborough and Orgreave,the phone hacking incidents and other events reported in the last twelve month.

I think you may regret adding that profession to your golden frame.

Well the rank and file do not place false expenses claims for compensation.

To add the police to the ranks of BNP does suggest some level of corruption present,given recent deaths in custody,the debacle over Hillsborough and Orgreave,the phone hacking incidents and other events reported in the last twelve month.

I think you may regret adding that profession to your golden frame.

What the hell are you talking about; I didn’t add anyone to anything, I just explained why your above statement is wrong.

How many people actually tried to deny this right though? Surely freedom of speech also allows people the right to criticise things that they believe to be wrong?