On the hunt for Creme de Banane (Banana Liqueur)

Hi,

I'm hosting a cocktail party and I really need Creme De Banane. Only problem is I've yet to find anywhere that stocks it in Sheffield - have tried the big supermarkets and also the Dram Shop.

Anyone know of where I can get hold of this? I'd like to avoid ordering it online if at all possible.

Thanks, Oscar.

That takes me back.....last time I had Banana Liqueur was in Gran Canaria in the early 1990's. Didn't know it was available here....will watch this thread carefully. Might even get a bottle for myself. :)

Sorry cant help with OP, but maybe if someone knows where to find the Banana liqueur locally the same shop might stock the white Creme de Cacao I'm looking for too. I make Nigella's Grasshopper pie quite often and the recipe needs Creme de Menthe and the other liqueur I can find . I substitute Baileys usually and have used Mozart choc but would love to taste the proper version.

Hi,

I'm hosting a cocktail party and I really need Creme De Banane. Only problem is I've yet to find anywhere that stocks it in Sheffield - have tried the big supermarkets and also the Dram Shop.

Anyone know of where I can get hold of this? I'd like to avoid ordering it online if at all possible.

Thanks, Oscar.

Its made by Bols I have a small bottle in my drinks cupboard unopened cant remember when or where i bought it along with Parfait Amour,Apricot brandy and Coconut Creole whatever that is.

Hi,

Thanks, Oscar.

Hercule Poirots tipple.

Not a helpful comment but interesting.

Hi, hopefully this isn't too late, I have also been trying to find creme de menthe and creme de cacao for Grasshopper pie. I managed to find both at Mitchells Wine in Meadowhead, they also had the banana and strawberry ones and a couple of others. They are right down near the bottom of the shop.

Morrisons have a good range of liquors, not sure if it has banana tho.

Another vote for Mitchells,always knowledgeable and accommodating.

Hi, hopefully this isn't too late, I have also been trying to find creme de menthe and creme de cacao for Grasshopper pie. I managed to find both at Mitchells Wine in Meadowhead, they also had the banana and strawberry ones and a couple of others. They are right down near the bottom of the shop.

Aww cheers Amy32 . Im only at Norton too so Mitchells is really close . Dunno why I didn't try them first cos I've even been as far as the Dram shop at Walkley ( I got the chocolate Mozart there and that worked well and tasted dreamy ) .