Unusual surname - Damms

Hi, I've traced many of my own DAMM & DAMMs ancestors back from Sheffield to Derbyshire - back to pre-1540. I probably have yours

On 28/01/2013 at 13:39, TWhits said:

Just noticed your message mentioning "Lomas" - I do have some of those in my tree and from Tideswell area. My main interest is in Brightmore, Needham, Bramwell and others. Do you have any of those?

You'll find that in the early 1800's  the Brightmores were settled in Brinsworth and Chapeltown , In the 1860 there a few in Pitsmoor  , Spital Hill area.  I,ve got one here in Canada. 

One good way to find them is the Sheffield indexes burials, marriages etc:- Check in same grave

Edited by beezerboy
addition

My mother, Patricia, was a Damms. Lived on Wybourn House Road from mid 1940's to the mid 60's. Father was Albert, coal miner. Not sure of her mothers name as she died before I was born. Siblings were Walter, Doris (later Bott), Hilda (later Greaves), Evelyn and George.

Hi Davey1889 - I found your Damms family in public records at 33 Wybourn House Road.  Your grandmother's name was Eliza Damms, née Glaves; she and Albert married in 1923. Just thought you might like to know!

MY family is from Mexbrough -Andy Damms Albert damms was my dad and name of my granddad