Unusual surname - Damms

Give us a clue Princeowales... initials?

You don't need a clue....how many people, same age as your brother lived on Prince of Wales road and yet must have been in your house to hear your mum call you two Terence and Steven.... regards MGC, Penang, Malaysia

You don't need a clue....how many people, same age as your brother lived on Prince of Wales road and yet must have been in your house to hear your mum call you two Terence and Steven.... regards MGC, Penang, Malaysia

Colky, is it?!

How are you, mate?

Steve.

Colky, is it?!

How are you, mate?

Steve.

I'm good mate....how about you?

I worked with a Chris Damms in the mid 70`s He had a motorbike and side car he would be late 50`s now, I think he came from Shirecliffe.

I know Chris Damms who worked in the rolling mills during the 70's

His family live/ lived in Norwood/ Longley/ Shirecliffe

His Dad was Charlie Damms who was born in Clarefield Rd, but moved to Shiregreen when he was 3 years old

Charlie was one 6 children of Charles and Nellie.

Charles his father being the brother of Ernest , Fred, Jack and George.

Charlies siblings were George, Doreen, John, Thomas and Susan.

Unfortunately Thomas and Susan are the only surviving siblings

His brother John lived and worked in South Africa for a good many years, before returning to Sheffield, I believe he had 2 daughters.

My sister in law also has knowledge of George Harrison Damms from her childhood although it is a bit hazy

Edited by jacqui_d

Hi jacjui_d I remember Chris getting sacked for fighting with a bloke called Rowsen,we were on nights, and Rowsen came in drunk and tried to work, which in the Rolling Mill was very dangerous. Chris was the one who tried to stop him which led to fisticuffs. Do you know how/where he is now?.

Hi jacjui_d I remember Chris getting sacked for fighting with a bloke called Rowsen,we were on nights, and Rowsen came in drunk and tried to work, which in the Rolling Mill was very dangerous. Chris was the one who tried to stop him which led to fisticuffs. Do you know how/where he is now?.

Hi, yes alive and kicking and he lives in Wakefield now

Its good to know he is still alive. When the place shut down in 1982i was the youngest there and am 57 now most of the workers were in their 40`s and 50`s and a lot have passes away.

There was an Eric Damms from the flower estate in hiregreen, sheffield. He attended Shiregreen junior school up to 1951.

Hi .I used to know someone with name damms. He was Mike Damms.he lived I think on abbeydale road. he was employed as a tax inspector.he also was a very good magician.doing many shows all over Sheffield .

Chris Damms is my Ex husband, and worked in the rolling mills during the 70's

His family live/ lived in Norwood/ Longley/ Shirecliffe

His Dad was Charlie Damms who was born in Clarefield Rd, but moved to Shiregreen when he was 3 years old

Charlie was one 6 children of Charles and Nellie.

Charles his father being the brother of Ernest , Fred, Jack and George.

Charlies siblings were George, Doreen, John, Thomas and Susan.

Unfortunately Thomas and Susan are the only surviving siblings

His brother John lived and worked in South Africa for a good many years, before returning to Sheffield, I believe he had 2 daughters.

My sister in law also has knowledge of George Harrison Damms from her childhood although it is a bit hazy

That helps me out nicely. Thanks jacqui_d.

The Fred mentioned above was my Dad. He emigrated around 1956 to work in the Steel Industry in Southern Africa. I was around 7 years old at that time.

Prior to emigrating, as an infant I remember visiting my uncle - Jack Damms. In the early 1950's. Jack owned the Model Village on the Isle of Wight.

I also remember staying with my Uncle George in Sheffield. He had a son called Dennis Damms, which made him my cousin.

As a young man (just married) I also remember bumping into my cousin John Damms in South Africa. Sad to hear that he has passed.

My family and I moved to Florida in 1994.

Regards,

Mike Damms.

That helps me out nicely. Thanks jacqui_d.

I also remember staying with my Uncle George in Sheffield. He had a son called Dennis Damms, which made him my cousin.

Regards,

Mike Damms.

If Dennis is about 5 years older than you, I went to school with him (55 - 60) at Owler Lane Intermediate in Grimesthorpe. Remember him well, interested in some gruesome medical books and explosives.

If Dennis is about 5 years older than you, I went to school with him (55 - 60) at Owler Lane Intermediate in Grimesthorpe. Remember him well, interested in some gruesome medical books and explosives.

Thanks beezerboy

That could be him.

He was a few years older than me.

At the stage I stayed with them overnight, Dennis had a rock/mineral collection in his bedroom which memory has stuck with me.

Mike.