Unusual surname - Damms

I grew up with a Madeline Damms in Stocksbridge in the early 1950'S.We were just very young kids.Don't know whatever happened to her or the family

I lived next door too Ernest Damms on Clarefield Rd for many years. He was a fine man and he used to frequent the Ammberly Hotel on Attercliffe Common.

Thanks macstewart.

Could you please confirm approx what years that was?

Mike Damms

Approx lived on Clarefield Rd from 1968-1975 next door to Mr Damms.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The years sound about right for him to possibly be my Uncle Ernest.

Taaa,

Mike Damms.

Rotherham All Saints Church register records the marraige of Sarah D'ammz being the daughter of Thomas D'ammeyer in the 1700s. The descendants eventually moved into Sheffield when the industry revolution started.

I seem to remember a harnold damms I use'd to know who lived on Halifax rd around 1957 or 8,I think he went to meynall rd school,he would definetly remember the Beardsmore twins Mick and Terry.my name is mick Hawley, I lived on wolfe rd.I remember we use'd to go down town drinking together,Harnold would be about my age now,[74].

My name is Steve Damms, my brother is Terry. Our family originates from Attercliffe and the Wybourn. My dad is Ernest, and worked for many years at Walter Fox on Suffolk Road.

Have sent P.M Steve.

Cheers.

My maiden name was Damms and I'm trying to find any information about the name, or finding people with the same surname. The only thing I know about my side of the family is that they lived in the Attercliffe area of Sheffield in the 1900's, after originally moving from Tideswell. Any info would be most appreciated.:bigsmile:

Hi there was a damms that lived down attercliffe think is name was Ernest damms he played bowls for carbrook with my dad think he would be over 90 now my dad would have been 86 but he has died cannot remember what road he lived on sorry will keep thinking for you

I worked with a Chris Damms in the mid 70`s He had a motorbike and side car he would be late 50`s now, I think he came from Shirecliffe.

My name is Steve Damms, my brother is Terry. Our family originates from Attercliffe and the Wybourn. My dad is Ernest, and worked for many years at Walter Fox on Suffolk Road.

not Terry......Terence as your mum always used to announce to him.

I used to live on Prince of Wales Rd, now I live on Prince of Wales Island.... can you guess?

.....and you were always Steven.......