Rotherham or Bradford

Guest busdriver1
I pity you. Both are decaying hellholes festering like an abcess in the groin of a plague victim.

I refer you to post #70

I'd say the bigger picture needs to be looked at. Both have nice suburbs, both have awful.

So you'd look at the amenities of neighbouring towns, so compare Leeds and Sheffield.

Guest busdriver1
I'd say the bigger picture needs to be looked at. Both have nice suburbs, both have awful.

So you'd look at the amenities of neighbouring towns, so compare Leeds and Sheffield.

Looks like Bradford will get it then based on that.

Sheffield is a dump with one of the biggest concentration of council housing the the country. The OP should stay in Dorset, why the hell come up here?

Indeed, Poole and surrounding area is beautiful, although very expensive. When my me and mate were working down there he paid £3.80 for a pukka pie in a fairly unassuming chippy. I did get asked if I wanted a twist of lemon over my fish which was a first.

And only two weeks ago you were talking about chavs stealing from cars in Greenhill. Lovely recommendation.

lol But he/she has the correct observation about rotherham town centre.

Busdriver1, what`s up with you today? Why so very anti Sheffield?:):mad::hihi:

somebody complained about his bus driving

Ive got relatives in laisterdyke Bradford and that area is not very nice at all,Ive been around Bradford centre and that is a bit of a dump as well,I certainly would not like to live there Sheffield is a lot nicer place.

It doesn't matter where you live it's what you make of it. City living is very different and people in the city want to get out to places like Dorset/Devon. Out of the two rotherham will give you more options or you could try Barnsley

Guest busdriver1
Busdriver1, what`s up with you today? Why so very anti Sheffield?:):mad::hihi:

Having lived in Sheffield and moved to Rotherham I reserve the right to express MY opinion as I see it.

To be well away from the above would be a start.

Sunday 24th febuary 2013 at 4pm wembley stadium - need I say more :):):):)

When do you need to make a decision by?

Take a trip up here. Visit the offices that you are looking at moving to or ring someone based there from the comfort of your current location. Find out the areas that the staff live in and which ones they recommend you give a wide birth.

Then, look to see where you can afford to live.

Next, book a B&B for a couple of nights in each area - see which you feel comfortable in and which you don't. See what the rush hour drives are like - if relevant.

Once you've got in short-list, ask around again to see what each area has going for it and what is against.