How to lose weight and keep it off

I do a lot of excercise often around 8 hours a week (including walking/hiking) and it has definatley contributed to weight loss. I have lost about 2 stone over the last year or so and was not particularly overweight,when I stop the excercise the weight comes back on.

makes no difference to me if you believe me or not buddy.

**chuckle**

You cared enough to go back & edit out your fallacy though, didn't you, pal?

**chuckle**

You cared enough to go back & edit out your fallacy though, didn't you, pal?

I`ve not edited anything mate.

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 16:57 ----------

You spend a lot more time watching TV than I do by the look of it.

If 55 minutes of "exercise" (kind unspecified) can burn off the energy equivalent of a banana, then clearly exercise can contribute to weight loss. Obviously if you eat more to compensate then it will not. As I've been saying all along, 2 sides of the same coin. The amount you consume and the amount you use, both matter.

you`ve not bothered to watch the programme have you ?

you really should have before posting or you are going to look very silly

they even use the words "contrary to thermodynamic theory" in their de-bunking of the myth that exercise will lead to weight loss.

I watached about the first 5 to 10 minutes of this, I've seen something very similar to this in the past on the TV (perhaps the same programme).

After 5 to 10 minutes, we saw the 40something presenter appear to pull his calf muscle when attempting to do the same as the Olympic Athlete.

And then, when the tall, athletically built olympic athlete showed us his abs, the middle aged presenter then asked "can I get abs like those?"

I turned off at that stage as the programme seemed pretty absurd.

I watached about the first 5 to 10 minutes of this, I've seen something very similar to this in the past on the TV (perhaps the same programme).

After 5 to 10 minutes, we saw the 40something presenter appear to pull his calf muscle when attempting to do the same as the Olympic Athlete.

And then, when the tall, athletically built olympic athlete showed us his abs, the middle aged presenter then asked "can I get abs like those?"

I turned off at that stage as the programme seemed pretty absurd.

of course you did, you peddle this snake oil for a living and have a vested interest in ridiculing the programme.

so did you listen long enough for the shows Dr to explain to the presenter (also a Dr) how he had damaged his muscle doing too much exercise without warming up and practising long enough first?

no, of course you didn`t - I believe it`s called an uncomfortable truth.

the programme also demonstrated that lengthy medium effort workouts (of around an hours duration) are actually counter-productive

HIIT is the way to go

and there`s nothing to stop a mid 40`s man from "getting abs" - I did that myself this year through hard work and diet, though the Dr`s estimate that the runner had 5 or 6% BF was way off.

It's hardly a revelation that not warming up and then trying to do something you aren't prepared for increases the risk of injury.

We all have abs of course, they're just hidden by a bit of body fat. Looking ripped is actually unhealthy though as previously discussed.

I do agree that HIIT has a place in every exercise regime.

It's hardly a revelation that not warming up and then trying to do something you aren't prepared for increases the risk of injury.

We all have abs of course, they're just hidden by a bit of body fat. Looking ripped is actually unhealthy though as previously discussed.

I do agree that HIIT has a place in every exercise regime.

is that it? your ridiculed and made to look a fool in front of the whole forum for nearly a whole week and that`s all you can come up with?

and who said looking ripped is actually unhealthy, stick to what you know pal, it`ll be a very short conversation.

Being ridiculed by you is hardly going to concern me is it. :D

One of us certainly looks like an idiot, but I don't think it's me.