Do they still do Cold Weather Payments?

Hi people,

Are the Gov still doing Cold Weather Payments? Just wondered as I'm on DLA and ESA and the past couple of week it's been so cold I've had to have the heating on I've been laid in bed with electric blanket. Im sure it's been below - for more than a week?

Yes.

But I thought this was generally for over 60's. I know someone who will be getting the payment on Monday and received a letter to say this.

Yeah, we had a letter yesterday informing us that it will be paid on Monday. :)

got a letter yesterday stating cold weather payment will be implemented in the next day or so you should get a letter shortly hope this helps

Yes.

But I thought this was generally for over 60's. I know someone who will be getting the payment on Monday and received a letter to say this.

The link I provided shows all those that qualify.

I got a letter Wednesday dated last Friday to say they would be paying me in the next few days, I didn't realise the £25 had already gone into my bank on Monday

I've received a letter for the cold weather payment, too, so you should be notified shortly if you are on the qualifying benefits.

Hi people,

Are the Gov still doing Cold Weather Payments? Just wondered as I'm on DLA and ESA and the past couple of week it's been so cold I've had to have the heating on I've been laid in bed with electric blanket. Im sure it's been below - for more than a week?

BRITAIN’S relentless big freeze has sparked fears of the highest winter death rate for five years.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/383823/Deaths-up-by-30-000-in-big-freeze

It has been so cold since the last cold weather payment was issued to Sheffield(January I think)..How come we haven't had another.I mean we have 6 to 8 " of frozen snow on the ground ,its bitterly cold yet no further payments..?

It has been so cold since the last cold weather payment was issued to Sheffield(January I think)..How come we haven't had another.I mean we have 6 to 8 " of frozen snow on the ground ,its bitterly cold yet no further payments..?

You should be thankful you get anything at all, they don't have to give money out because it's cold !

You should be thankful you get anything at all, they don't have to give money out because it's cold !

I Don't,I am enquiring about an elderly relative...So I don't have to be thankful of anything.

If you have a problem with these awards contact the powers that be,don't have a go a me,I didn't make the rules.