Woodwork/workshop DIY group/club?

Somebody need to set this up, cus I want to join Sheffield Men In Sheds when I retire from the day job :):)

Why wait until your retired? Before, Then we all might need some boxes making?:)

HI I manage a project for men over 50 called sporting chance, I am constantly looking for activities and events that I can promote or be involved in. My remit is to deliver session in the north of Sheffield, predominantly Shiregreen and Burngreave. I love the sound of what you have created here and would be interested to find out if anyone would be interested in creating one of these groups in shiregreen or Burngreave. If it is appropriate I will be more than willing to support the group in Shiregreen/Burngreave from an admin and advertisement point of view and do have some capacity to assist financially with venue and instructor costs if needed. if someone would like to pick this idea up and run with it then please get in touch and we can see what we can do. Thanks

Hi anyone know of similar projects in Rotherham area?

Hi anyone know of similar projects in Rotherham area?

Hi, yes there is, if you go on to the website: https://menssheds.org.uk/find-a-shed/

there is an entry:

KPCP Men in Sheds

Kimberworth Park Road, Rotherham S61 3JT, United Kingdom

We have only been open for just over a year, but we have produced agreat variety of wooden projects, (nest boxes, bird tables, garden furniture etc. We recently had a woodlathe donated by a kind member, & we are learning all the time.

Please join us! Contact Terence Renwick [email protected] 07791639383

---------- Post added 27-11-2017 at 16:17 ----------

HI I manage a project for men over 50 called sporting chance, I am constantly looking for activities and events that I can promote or be involved in. My remit is to deliver session in the north of Sheffield, predominantly Shiregreen and Burngreave. I love the sound of what you have created here and would be interested to find out if anyone would be interested in creating one of these groups in shiregreen or Burngreave. If it is appropriate I will be more than willing to support the group in Shiregreen/Burngreave from an admin and advertisement point of view and do have some capacity to assist financially with venue and instructor costs if needed. if someone would like to pick this idea up and run with it then please get in touch and we can see what we can do. Thanks

Hi

Thanks for posting. At the moment we're not ready to start something in your area, but we'd be happy to share our experience. Meanwhile we'll keep our ears to the ground. If you wanted to contact us directly please find our website here: http://www.timebuilders.org.uk/making-projects

Cheers

James

---------- Post added 27-11-2017 at 16:29 ----------

Update for Nov 2017: Our workshop has moved...

The Napier Street Workshop is now open.

We've taken over an old café inside the Baptist Church (behind Waitrose) the entrance is on Napier Street. We've filled it full of donated tools, work benches and found timber.

Our aim is to build useful things for the community (and sometimes for ourselves). We particularly welcome older men who want to be productive,

pass on their skills and experience and work together.

Please see our website and get in touch if you'd like to know more:

https://www.timebuilders.org.uk/making-projects

Cheers

James

The Napier Street Workshop is now open.

We've taken over an old café inside the Baptist Church (behind Waitrose) the entrance is on Napier Street. We've filled it full of donated tools, work benches and found timber.

Our aim is to build useful things for the community (and sometimes for ourselves). We particularly welcome older men who want to be productive,

pass on their skills and experience and work together.

Please see our website and get in touch if you'd like to know more:

https://www.timebuilders.org.uk/making-projects

Cheers

James

Hi James,

congratulations on the achievements since starting the thread, the shed site and your own are very interesting.

I'm probably an ideal candidate for starting up and running some type of community group shed project.

Currently, I'm working on a small two level property 55 sqm in total size, the aim would be to open it up later in the year for projects such as woodwork, art and crafting, it's located in the Hillsborough area.

I'll have to do more research on the subject in terms of sustainability, but in principle it might be a good concept and nice thing to do.