Parentcraft Classes

Hi, just wondered whether anyone could recomend a good parentcraft antenatal/postnatal type class in Sheffield?

Looking more at advice on how to look after your newborn, bathing, feeding, sleeping, that sort of thing. Does anyone know of any type of class or whether they are actually useful?

Thanks.

Hi Beaubell

In Sheffield there are various types of antenatal classes - NHS classes, NCT classes, hypnobirthing, Lazy Daisy and yoga type classes.

All of these will cover labour and birth but some of them only do very limited stuff about the baby (eg yoga - is mainly about physical skills for birth and relaxation).

So you may be best going for NHS classes or NCT.

I teach NCT classes and a full length NCT class will cover labour and birth and also a good range of postnatal topics such as nappies, bathing, safe sleep, approaches to parenting, breastfeeding, emotional changes, where to get support etc. At the beginning of the course the teacher will ask what the group wants to know so she can cover the topics that are important to you.

We also run postnatal courses which you go to with your baby once he/she arrives :-) - and you can get info on sleeping, parenting styles, coping with crying etc

For more info on the courses in Sheffield please see http://www.nct.org.uk/branches/sheffield-rotherham/courses

NB the course prices vary, discounts are available for families on lower incomes and also you can pay by installments

Hope this helps!

Clare

NCT Teacher

Hi, your community Midwife will be able to give you the dates of the AN classes running in community or you can attend either Jessop wing if you are having your baby there or another unit. Theses are informative and will give you a good knowledge base as will the NCT classes.

With many years of Experience and listening to what couples want to learn, I am starting a NEW and exciting 4 hour workshop called:

'Skills for Birth and parenthood'.

The aim is to make the session fun and informative, to help mums and partners prepare physically and mentally for labour and beyond....

- learn powerful & effective skills to help you through labour pain

- Vital information & practical ideas to help you on the day

- find out how your partner can help & can work as a team

-make friends & build a support network

-share stories, knowledge, encouragement & enthusiasm

Saturday 9th March at Trinity United Reformed Road 12.30-4.30pm

limited numbers - as this is a Trial the price will be £30 per couple

contact me for further information

Hi,

I am offering BabyNatal classes in Sheffield.

I teach a Practical Baby Care workshop, which addresses many of the topics you mentioned in your original post.

This workshop introduces you to the basics of baby care - you will learn lots of practical skills in regards to caring for your baby, from dressing to bathing, from winding holds to colic calming, from playtime to sleep time; I cover all the practical aspects to help you feel confident as a parent.

Most importantly BabyNatal workshops are about empowerment and choice. This means we will also look at different suggestions and evidence around both baby-led parenting and routines, so that YOU can choose how you want to parent. The workshops are completely impartial and non-judgmental, they seek to empower you to make your own choices, and simply provide you with support and information in order to be able to do that.

Group classes are priced at £30 per couple, for one 3 hour workshop.

Private sessions can be arranged in your own home, and are priced at £50.

Contact me for further information. :)