Any evening date options 20/02/2013? I see none!

My fiancee's birthday is coming in February and she's not been taken out often in the past. I would like to treat her to a proper evening date; but I can't find anything - short of an overnight stay in London to see a show totalling somewhere past £400 all-told; money we don't have. I can try to stretch the purse a little - but an overnight is too far too much and otherwise options seem limited. Not least 'cos of bloody half-term.

I'm not looking for anything extravagant, not even necessarily a musical or theatre thing, just some way we can go out for the evening, have a meal and do something interesting - not just the bloody cinema.

Only stipulation is no comedy gigs.

Anyone got any thoughts? I'm stumped.

Whitley Hall is gorgeous. They do Dinner (delicious and very fancy) bed and breakfast for £100-£115 for two. It's a lovely setting, nice grounds and you get free sparkling wine.

http://www.whitleyhall.com

Whitley Hall is gorgeous. They do Dinner (delicious and very fancy) bed and breakfast for £100-£115 for two. It's a lovely setting, nice grounds and you get free sparkling wine.

http://www.whitleyhall.com

Thanks.. but looking for evening entertainment, not somewhere to stay. Ideally would like to be home for bedtime having had something to eat and done something interesting.

Have you checked the websites for the local theatres?

See what the fleur de lys at totley have on too

I've checked every theatre from Lincoln to Leeds to the West End and nothing's doing of any interest at all. Unless I want Richard Wilson teaching us how to direct plays in a workshop. FdL not advertising any events..

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 14:22 ----------

My Fair Lady would have been good, but the run ends in a few days and even then is sold out.

I just don't know what happened to England :( When did the only choices become Cinema, Nationally-Touring Comedy Gig or an overnight stay in London for thirty-billionty pounds?

Manchester by train for the evening?

How about somewhere for a meal in the peak district?

If you're looking for a good evening's entertainment on Feb 20th, you might consider the Tudor Players' performance of "Our Man in Havana" at the Library Theatre in Tudor Square. Have a look at their website :

http://www.tudorplayers.net/

We have season tickets for all their performances, which are excellent. They are a Sheffield-based company who regularly win amateur dramatic awards and who have produced a number of professional actors and actresses who come back to perform with them.

Tickets are £8 each and the theatre has a bar.