Favourite sitcoms during 70's/80's

The one and only Ronnie Barker in Open All Hours.

Even today watching the repeats I still laugh more than I do watching any of the new sitcoms - even though I know most of the scripts.

Anything with Ronnie barker in was great. Porgage was good but I think I spelt that wrong. Last of the Summer Wine is and still is the best. Only Fools and Houses well that goes without saying, great script and wonderful actors and actresses.

It aint half hot mam with Winsor Davis and that little bloke with gasses on and that other little bloke who played Gloria

Definately 'Terry and June', closely followed by 'The Good Life'.

Definately 'Terry and June', closely followed by 'The Good Life'.

"Terry and June" - was it really that bad? I can't remember it even raising a smile. I'd love to see a re-run just to see how awful it was :gag:

"Terry and June" - was it really that bad?...

Yes. .............

About 1976 there was a sitcom 'I didn't know you cared'.A young man(called Carter, I think) was always daydreaming about 'having a pint with Freddy Trueman'. His blond girlfriend was called Linda Preston and old Uncle Mort was played brilliantly by Robin Bailey. A great show which I don't think has ever been shown as a repeat.

Robin Bailey always said 'I'll have half' in the show.

It aint half hot mam with Winsor Davis and that little bloke with gasses on and that other little bloke who played Gloria

Don Estelle was the one with the glasses and Melvyn Hayes was Gloria.

I remember the woman who headed up the singles group always asked "were there any sexual problems?".

Her name was Rachel Bell.

Robin Bailey always said 'I'll have half' in the show.

I thought the bloke who said 'I'll have half' was Jacko in Love Thy Neighbour but it was quite a while ago and I could well be wrong.

I thought the bloke who said 'I'll have half' was Jacko in Love Thy Neighbour but it was quite a while ago and I could well be wrong.

Mike I could be wrong, and stand correcting if I am.

"Terry and June" - was it really that bad? I can't remember it even raising a smile. I'd love to see a re-run just to see how awful it was :gag:

It's probably just my humour then. It was a bit cheesy I have to admit especially June Whitfield, but Terry Scott was what made it so funny for me, his timing was spot on. He was a fantastic comic actor. I feel sad that he's gone.

I wonder if anyone remembers a sitcom that was the forerunner of the "Good Life" it was called " The Norman Conquests" It involved a 'hairsuit' little man always trying to seduce penelope keith. Also " The New Statesman " " Open all Hours" " Doctor in the House" "Young ones" All true classics