Favourite sitcoms during 70's/80's

I never used to miss Whatever happended to the likely lads. Saw a repeat the other day, and it looked terribly dated.

I wonder if any of todays "comedies" will be remembered in a years time, leave alone standing the test of time for over 20 years?

Any thing with Lenoard Rossiter, Ronnie Barker or David Jason.

One of the funniest of recent times was Father Ted.

One comic I cannot stand is the Rickey Gervais.

The Office was brilliant, but as I have seen him since, I realise he was not acting.

He really is a self-satified smary git.

Ralph Bates (of Dear John) also played George Warleggan in Poldark.. not a sitcom but dead cheesy.

Other ones I remember were, apart from all the obvious ones

The Dustbinmen

Bless This House (Sid James)

The Gnomes of Dulwich (Terry Scott/Hugh Lloyd)

Citizen Smith

Steptoe & Son

Til Death do us Part (my mum loved this)

Butterflies (Wendy Craig)

Solo (Felicity Kendall)

My Wife Next Door (John Alderton)

Three up two down

Cuckoo in the nest

Never The Twain

Father Dear Father (Patrick Cargill)

All Gas & Gaiters (Derek Nimmo)

Oh Brother (Derek Nimmo.. again) oh,g'golly gosh... rubbish really.

Anyone remember "Get Some In" with Robert Lindsey?, it was about National Service in the RAF.

no ones mentioned oh no its selwyn froggit with bill maynard.top programme,never seen it repeated.maybe another thats fell to the wayside of political correctness!:huh:

no ones mentioned oh no its selwyn froggit with bill maynard.top programme,never seen it repeated.maybe another thats fell to the wayside of political correctness!:huh:

How could i forget selwyn froggit (the gaffer):hihi:

Love watching any 70s 80s telly stuff just cos they remind me of younger times when everything seemed innocent and carefree.Remember watchin an episode of the Generation Game when a bloke won and his prize was 5 mins snoggin and groping the french bird from mind your language (serious),they even had the nerve to bring on his wife after they had finished,here face was priceless.

Fave prog from 80s was a kind of loving with joanne whalley (just because of her) and have been trying to find it on net for ages,if anyone can help would be well chuffed

'I'll have a bag of nuts and a pint of cooking'

Doe's that ring a bell?

'I'll have a bag of nuts and a pint of cooking'

Doe's that ring a bell?

ohhh yesss,mint werent it!

I watched 'Dave Allen', he did funny skits, and he used to sit on a stool and drink a glass of whiskey while he talked! Deffinately 'Some Mother's Do Have 'Em', 'Rising Damp', 'Open All Hours', 'Man About the House' and 'The Goodies'...and I was a sucker for 'Morcolmbe and Wise'... still am :)

what about It ain't alf hot mum and nearest and dearest?I have these on dvd and they still make me laugh