Wanting a career in the nhs but im a young mum?

hello im just wondering if anyone can help me.

Im 20 years of age and have a 7 month child.

i have currently got qualification in business administration and have health and social care 2 b grades.

i am wanting to go further and work in the childrens hospital on the childrens wards helping out doing admin tasks ect. I dont no what this job would come under on the nhs website any one have any ideas.?

looking forward to someone helping me get back into the career i want to do. thanks

I work for the nhs and I'm always looking on the jobs page I think there is currently one on to become a support worker at children's I'm not back to Friday if you want me to post you link

please could you id be greatful x

yes it works may i ask what you work as? and if you could give me some advice on what im wanting to do? x

Hi

Just go on to nhs jobs and do an advanced search, type in sheffield into location then how far you're willing to travel and leave the rest blank. It will bring up all jobs in that location.

Hope this helps, good luck x

pj18 thanks for the comment i have tried this and im struggling. I can only work in sheffield due to having a young son and i dont drive:/ thanks for your input x

Can I suggest that you go to the Job Centre and ask them whether they will put you on the NHS Employability course which is run periodically at Castle College? It's 10 weeks of 2 days a week and covers everything from infection control and how to wash your hands properly to how to find and apply for careers in the NHS.

I was just going to say what Medusa said.

The NHS employs quite a few people from the employability course. It may seem menial and not the way you want to go, but it is a foot in the door and is used as a stepping stone into other careers in the NHS especially if you go for the smaller hospitals like Weston Park and the Childrens. A lot of the clinical support workers and even a porter I know, started life in domestic services as ward orderlies and domestics.

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 10:15 ----------

There a lot of part time opportunities as you have a young baby.

If it's admin work on the wards that you're wanting then maybe a ward clerk would be better for you?

:)

thanks everyone medusa can i ring up and enquire at the castle college? x

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 15:03 ----------

the course is 598 pound i cant afford to pay it :(