Help find blokes who have beat up a 9 and 11 year old at Malin Bridge

Im hoping somebody on the forum can help us.

My 11 year old nephew was out playing with his 9 year old friend at 4.30 tonight. They were building snowmen and sledging on Watersmeet Road, Malin Bridge/Hillsborough.

The next thing they knew a Red 4x4 Jimny with an yellow smiley face sticker (or something) on the aerial pulled up. Some teens/blokes got out and have beat them up. Apparently, according to my nephew, the 4x4 was full of teens/blokes. I dont know how many have beat the children up.

The children have been to hospital and are now home with minor injuries. They are really shook up as you can imagine.

If anybody knows who owns this car can you please contact South Yorkshire Police on 101. You can give information anonymously via 101 if you wish - you do not have to leave your details.

Thanks

Somthing needs to be done.

Stupid question but maybe contact the star?

I dont know if it is linked in anyway to the incident at Morrisons.

This is shocking!! just read it on my friends fb :(( one of them is her son x Its quite a distinctive vehicle by sounds of it, so hopefully someone will know something and justice will be done!! Hope the boys are ok xx

This is shocking!! just read it on my friends fb :(( one of them is her son x Its quite a distinctive vehicle by sounds of it, so hopefully someone will know something and justice will be done!! Hope the boys are ok xx

Your friend is my sister - it is my nephew and friend that was beat up.

I really hope the police get whoever has done this - it really is quite evil and worrying.

what are these idiots thinking of really they are low life's and I hope they have what's coming to them!!!! hope the boys are ok xxx

We will not tolerate the promotion of vigilante action of this fourm nor will we tolerate naming and shaming. if you have any relevant information then give it to the police .

Edited by mort

Theres always somebody that comes along and spoils a thread that really should be kept at the top of the page - if it gets closed then nobody will see it as when people put a post on it, it goes back to the top.

Please do not put useless posts - we need these men to be caught and Sheffield Forum is a very good way of contacting many people in sheffield and asking them to keep an eye out. Somebody might read this thread tonight and see the 4x4 on their way to work in the morning and manage to get the reg - if this thread is on page 2/3 then people are less likely to see it.

In no way will vigilante action be used so I would be grateful if it is not mentioned again.

Thanks

Im hoping somebody on the forum can help us.

My 11 year old nephew was out playing with his 9 year old friend at 4.30 tonight. They were building snowmen and sledging on Watersmeet Road, Malin Bridge/Hillsborough.

The next thing they knew a Red 4x4 Jimny with an yellow smiley face sticker (or something) on the aerial pulled up. Some teens/blokes got out and have beat them up. Apparently, according to my nephew, the 4x4 was full of teens/blokes. I dont know how many have beat the children up.

The children have been to hospital and are now home with minor injuries. They are really shook up as you can imagine.

If anybody knows who owns this car can you please contact South Yorkshire Police on 101. You can give information anonymously via 101 if you wish - you do not have to leave your details.

Thanks

What colour was they? A red Jimney is a start but are we looking for whites, blacks, asians?

What colour was they? A red Jimney is a start but are we looking for whites, blacks, asians?

Dont know - the lads are 9 and 11. I think the only bloke my nephew got a good look at was wearing a hoodie and a scarf across his face. He said he sounded foreign but thats all I know at the moment. Thats all my nephew said to me earlier.

I will be seeing my nephew tomorrow so will probably know more then - dont want to be questioning him yet after what hes been through - hes probably had to speak to enough people.

But I think the Jimny will be the key to it all - you dont see many about especially not with something on aerial.

---------- Post added 22-01-2013 at 21:48 ----------

If its yellow stickers with faces then they are a spotlight cover called KC DAYLIGHTER. The covers feature sunglasses and the word DAYLIGHTER is bent to make a smile mouth shape.

It was on the aerial apparently.

---------- Post added 22-01-2013 at 21:49 ----------

The Jimny had some fancy kind of lights on the back of it - so one of the children has said.

So thats a red 4x4 jimny with a sticker of some sort on the aerial with fancy lights on the back.

Was it the 9 or 11 year old who identified it as a Jimny? Like you say you don't see many of them about I'd be surprised if many 11 year olds know many cars nevermind a Jimny.