When did you feel you baby?

Mattenmurg

With my 2 boys I felt them from 16 weeks and was feel able on the outside from 22 weeks. I'm 19 weeks and pregnant with a little girl and have only just started feeling her these last few days. Generally with your first baby it takes longer to feel baby. I have my next scan Monday :-)

My sister in law didn't feel anything until week 24 because the placenta was on the front cushioning the kicks. If you haven't had your 20 week scan yet then you can ask them where the placenta is when you go.

If you are worried though you should call your midwife, they can put a Doppler on to check the heart beat for you and put your mind at rest.

Good luck with it all.

Every body is different I wasn't untill 23 weeks untill I felt my baby move and im due on the 27th january and we having alittle boy after 2 girls if you are worraid call your midwife or ring jessops up I was the same at 19 weeks and jessops said I could call up to put my mind at rest

Sometimes they move very early on. My eldest DD age 5 I felt move at 17weeks although I'm certain I felt things before but 17weeks you could see it from the outside.

DD2 age 18mtnhs I felt move at around 12weeks as I knew I was pregnant at 2weeks due to having hyperemises and I lost a lot of weight. You could see pushes at 14weeks! Everyones different youl soon wish bump wouldn't move so much! I remember the agony of the feet going high up towards my ribs :( not a good feeling!

---------- Post added 24-01-2013 at 21:47 ----------

Sometimes they move very early on. My eldest DD age 5 I felt move at 17weeks although I'm certain I felt things before but 17weeks you could see it from the outside.

DD2 age 18mtnhs I felt move at around 12weeks as I knew I was pregnant at 2weeks due to having hyperemises and I lost a lot of weight. You could see pushes at 14weeks! Everyones different youl soon wish bump wouldn't move so much! I remember the agony of the feet going high up towards my ribs :( not a good feeling!

Its different for everyone, and its really hard when its your first pregnancy as you're probably feeling baby move already without realising it. It doesn't start off as kicks, but more like you've got butterflies - very very slight movements. Also with your first your muscles and everything are still quite tight, and so that can be a barrier to feeling early movement (the muscles etc are usually more lax with subsequent pregnancies so they can sometimes be felt earlier), as can a placenta attached to the front rather than the back wall of the womb. When I felt what I knew were kicks, it was around 20-21 weeks so I wouldn't worry, especially as its your first but ring your midwife to put your mind at rest :)