Photography help !!

I'm wanting to get into photography but not sure what camera I should go for I've been looking at the SLR cameras but not sure what ones are good to start off with I don't want to spend loads just for a beginner I was thinking of spending about £200 and I don't mind buying a second hand camera any help would be much appreciated

If you up your budget to around £300, you should be able to buy a new Canon 1100D or Nikon D3100 with a 18-55mm kit lens.

Edited by Ryedo40

I have a Fuji HS20EXR bridge camera. It has a 30x manual optical focus and a 24-720 lens. You can pick em up on Amazon for just over £200.

Its a good camera. You cant get a decent SLR plus lenses for anywhere near that price. Eventually I may decide to upgrade to a SLR but I will have to be prepared to spend a lot more money to get something half decent.

I bought mine on the advice of a semi-pro photographer.

just get something like:

nikon D40x D60 D80

Try Harrisons Cameras on London Road. Will get very good advice anda decent second hand camera. Together with help.

thanks everyone all your help has been great

You can take a good photo with any camera. The camera isn't important.

+1 to the poster who recommended Harrison on LDN Road. They're helpful and sell great second hand cameras too. I get all my kit from there!

You can take a good photo with any camera. The camera isn't important.

I'd go along with the above comment from KatieSoze, most times my clients wouldn't be able to tell the difference between images taken with an old D2h, D2x or a D3 I use and too be fair, I often look at cheap D2h images and think that its by the more expensive D3 I use. not too mention an old fuji S2.

Try Harrisons Cameras on London Road. Will get very good advice and a decent second hand camera. Together with help.

Just adding my 2p's worth. Totally agree with what Tom Walton has posted.