Does my UPVC door have anti snap locks?

I had new UPVC doors fitted from Yorkshire Windows in 2007. Would anybody know if they would have fitted anti snap locks on the doors 6 years ago. If not how much do these anti snap locks cost and are they easy to fit?

Thanks

Darren

After watching several clips online, and reported increase in burglaries in Yorkshire, (particularly bad in West Yorkshire) using both snap\bump, I decide to install them. I've replaced both external doors with anti snap\bump locks. They are not cheap especially if you require spare keys cut. But the simple way the standard door locks can be defeated, its worth it for the piece of mind.

Do a search in Google for "anti snap and bump locks", the first link Handlestore, it gives details of what they are, how to replace the standard locks and how to measure up if you decide to purchase some. There are other sites online which show you how to do it.

They were easy to measure up and replace, they only issue I find is its sometimes a bit fiddly putting the key in to the lock as the ones I purchased have a straight edge on the end of the key, compared to standard keys.

Hi there, I use to work there and I would say no there not anti snap! They cost anything from £25 up to £45 depends where you get them from!

And they are very easy to fit!

If you need and help feel free to give us a ring

Thanks mark

I had them fitted after we were burgled,they were quite expensive because we had spare keys cut for the family,you get a credit card with a code on it with each lock which enables you to get extra keys cut...no card,no key.

Take my advice Daz,it's cheaper now than after you have been burgled,i waited till it was too late.

B.T.W. i got mine from H.Harrold,locksmiths.West Bar.

Its also worth noting that these euro cylinder locks come in various lengths and the operating cam is not always in the same place either. Best to measure it first or take the old one with you if you have a house-sitter!

Im afraid The chance of you having anti snap locks already fitted are very slim and as bluestone previously stated they are quite easy to fit.

I'd stay away from the cheaper anti snaps though as under attack they are almost as useless as the standard cylinders

Any help or advice just give us a call

Andy

I had them fitted after we were burgled,they were quite expensive because we had spare keys cut for the family,you get a credit card with a code on it with each lock which enables you to get extra keys cut...no card,no key.

Take my advice Daz,it's cheaper now than after you have been burgled,i waited till it was too late.

B.T.W. i got mine from H.Harrold,locksmiths.West Bar.

My Bold=

I get all mine from here.

I had new UPVC doors fitted from Yorkshire Windows in 2007. Would anybody know if they would have fitted anti snap locks on the doors 6 years ago. If not how much do these anti snap locks cost and are they easy to fit?

Thanks

Darren

Prob not but you can buy them ff eBay for around 30 quid a pair very easy to fit . Your main hook lock will prob be a millenco lock with big l shaped hooks . I was the lock engineer for millenco and trust me no one will break threw the door by prising , kicking etc they are exceptional strong. If you upgrade to anti snap cylinders your pretty much making a solid door .

I belive all anti snap have a British Kitemark on the outside

---------- Post added 24-01-2013 at 11:38 ----------

Incidently I'd recommend SPOT ON WINDOWS to replace your Eurolocks, they supply the best lock (the AVOCET) at the right price.

Ring Les, 07881 893432