Missed bin collections

Are you sure you're not a councillor? The rest of us have to put our bins out for them to take.

If you had paid someone to do something, and they didn't do it - would you have a grievance? Of course you would.

If you cannot see my grievance, I am astounded.

I pay to have my bins emptied - they have not done so for me or the rest of my street

I pay to have my road gritted - they have not done so for me or the rest of the street

I pay to have my views represented by councillors, who should at the very least have the respect to acknowledge when one of the people who pays their wages raises a concern about the level of service that is being provided - they have not done so.

What part of the grievance can't you see?

I always engage with the bin men have a chat,give them a drink,take the bins off them etc. and they reciprocate.As I said you need to contact the service providers,asking me questions will solve nothing.

You ask seriously in what way?

'Seriously' - as in you're very uptight about this, writing to your councillor, talk about taking this to The Star and put 7 messages about pretty much the same thing on here and a similar thread.

I have never stuck up for our crap council, but on this occasion the roads have been a bit dangerous to negotiate a HGV around them, and I would assume its a safety matter as to why they havent come round yet. One can only assume they will take loose bags to compensate. Its so funny how a lot of people dislike HGV,s what with them driving slow and getting in the way of your Renault Clio, but as soon as there is no bread or bog roll in the co-op, or the bins havent been emptied, it becomes clear just how important these vehicles are.

My recycling wasn't collected yesterday not a problem,when their full it will go in my rubbish bin.

gnygsos

the binmen dont have time for a drink theses days

gnygsos

the binmen dont have time for a drink theses days

Don't worry they make time for my coffee,and as I am near the end of the round,a minute is enough.The lads work to 'job and finish" and finish when they choose.

Brilliant! was woken this morning (Sunday) at 6.50am by the bin lorry reversing up our cul de sac, they reversed as far as 3 houses from the end where the access was tight by parked cars, decided they couldnt get through or be bothered to walk the 15 meters for those bins, and drove off, still no bins emptied!

They may come back later in the day, time will tell

Yep I got woken too half hour ago by the lorry - now it's back again actually emptying the bins. No idea why it was here half hour ago?!

Brilliant! was woken this morning (Sunday) at 6.50am by the bin lorry reversing up our cul de sac, they reversed as far as 3 houses from the end where the access was tight by parked cars, decided they couldnt get through or be bothered to walk the 15 meters for those bins, and drove off, still no bins emptied!

They may come back later in the day, time will tell

It would seem there were too many cars parked.Perhaps the householders could have played their part by placing the bins in a more accessible location.

i had my blue bin out for 4 weeks and still no one wanted to collect it they lef it for twice as we now have our bins empited evrey 2 weeks :( really stupid as us with kids to look after go through a whole lot of nappys and rubbish . its really not on

Are they collecting extra sacks without wanting prior notification does anyone know?

Our bin was emptied this morning (usual day Tuesday)and an extra bin bag left next to the bin was taken.

Edited by Daven