Missed bin collections

im in stocksbridge and my blue bin was due tuesday, guess what....still not emptied! looks like my black bin will be out aswell on tuesday with extra things for my blue bin and box at the side of them and trust me they will take it! think its taking the mick now! there is no snow on the roads! but with the weather forecast to snow again tonight looks like we will not see the bin men for another few days! x

im in stocksbridge and my blue bin was due tuesday, guess what....still not emptied! looks like my black bin will be out aswell on tuesday with extra things for my blue bin and box at the side of them and trust me they will take it! think its taking the mick now! there is no snow on the roads! but with the weather forecast to snow again tonight looks like we will not see the bin men for another few days! x

49 posts when the majority of Sheffield have faced disruption with refuse collection services and for many the situation is still worsening. A few schools are disrupted for 1 day, then do all they can to ensure they are open business as usual for the next, and there is uproar, and the same 'lazy teachers' crock but yet bins still remain uncollected from Tuesday across the city. Obviously people prefer 'teacher bashing' to the facts.

Black bin was due to be collected in S8 on Tuesday. Has been empted this morning, so they are out there:)

Mine hasn't been emptied and my neighbour has kindly filled it up for me, not amused :rant:

Exactly the same for me. Collection due Tuesday, but I looked at the website and it said a day later, so I put it out for Wednesday. It's now Friday and it has obviously not been collected, but my neighbour has seen fit to fill my bin to the brim (at least the lid is not open), so I can't put any more stuff in it myself... and I would, ideally, like to be able to.

Yep, bin out Monday and collected today. I'm happy with that. The pavements round here are leathal.

Postman just been too so a bonus!

I saw a thread a few days ago about binmen not collecting last week due to poor weather. Has anyone who was supposed to get theirs emptied today not had them? This morning enroute to work we saw maybe 4-5 bin lorries in the area, but our estate hasn't been visited. The road is totally clear and of course snow isn't forecast till much later tonight. Usual collection time is 8-9 a.m. Anyone else having issues? Will phoning Veolia motivate them or is it glove and tip time? This is the second week!

Theyre running a day behind. Your bin should be emptied tomorrow.

Edit to add...the websites now changed and says if your collection day is today to put bins out as normal. Theyve not emptied ours either tho.

http://www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk/Sheffield/Alert-page-here/

Edited by nikki-red

Ah right, thanks for the info! I read this on Veolia website : "If your collection is today, Friday 25 January, please put your containers out for emptying as normal." So got a bit worried

I was wondering why they hadn't been to empty ours yet, there normally here about 7am

Mine hasn't been emptied and my neighbour has kindly filled it up for me, not amused :rant:

Exactly the same for me. Collection due Tuesday, but I looked at the website and it said a day later, so I put it out for Wednesday. It's now Friday and it has obviously not been collected, but my neighbour has seen fit to fill my bin to the brim (at least the lid is not open), so I can't put any more stuff in it myself... and I would, ideally, like to be able to.

if i were you i would go and take it out and dump it back on there part! i would not be happy at all! :rant: xx