Did you get into work today?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get into work today?

• Yes
    • No

I walked from Walkley to the NGH :D

cycled in and cycled out but it is only 4 miles

---------- Post added 21-01-2013 at 18:17 ----------

Never mind so much the snow today (21/01/13), it's starting to thaw now, so if it freezes tonight (which is quite likely), it will truly be dangerous tomorrow!

True so I think tomorrow I may be leaving the pushbike at home

Yes I got to work because if I didnt I would not get paid unlike teachers who get paid when they are off..........so I wonder how much effort they make to get the schools open

Not only did I get in, travelling from Lodge Moor to Neepsend, but I got there half an hour early.

I must ensure that doesn't happen again!!

I work with folk who managed to get to Sheffield from Scunthorpe/Chesterfield/Barnsley to work.We had one lass from Parson Cross and another from Wybourne rang saying they couldent make it! What a cop out!!!

I set off at 6.20 and got into work at 7.15.

There were lots of removals and moving desks etc today yet the contractors from Liverpool managed to make it over for 8.20. They did a cracking job.

Day off, dug the car out ready for tomorrows shift though, as long as the snow doesn't ice over.

What I did notice after I had drove to Stannington at 7 o'clock this morning was the tram buses could get up and down Stannington road but not the First buses, how come?

It was almost lunch time before a First bus went up.

This is not the first time First buses have been took off while the Stage Coach bus carries on regardless.

Day off, dug the car out ready for tomorrows shift though, as long as the snow doesn't ice over.

I have said I didn't go in today, and also had to miss my hospital appointment, if there are buses tomorrow & it's not like an ice rink I'll go in. If it's too dangerous I'll not go in, I'm not going to endanger my health further.

Yep, made it in OK this morning (Hillsborough to Barnsley), and had one of the clearest journeys home since the school holidays!

Had a good chuckle all the able-bodied people who make a big fuss of walking "AN HOUR!!" or "3 WHOLE MILES" (and especially those who walked "FIFTEEN MINUTES TO THE BUS STOP!!!")

I regularly walk just shy of 4 miles each way. The advantage being that today was just a normal day with Yaktrax.

Let me know when the weather gets bad and getting to work might actually be a problem, won't you.

Had to stay at home as daughters school was closed, but can work from home when I need to. Hope school is open tomorrow!