Three Tuns city centre

The Three Tuns

The beer pumps are going back in and we will be serving 6 real ales. Any requests?

The Three Tuns ‏

We will be keeping out favorites: landlord and farmers blonde on permanent retainer

The Three Tuns ‏

We will also have four guest ales on rotation. Suggestions will always be welcome.

Thanks!....That sounds quite encouraging, I might have to check it out in the near future.

Regards

Doom

The Three Tuns

The beer pumps are going back in and we will be serving 6 real ales. Any requests?

The Three Tuns ‏

We will be keeping out favorites: landlord and farmers blonde on permanent retainer

The Three Tuns ‏

We will also have four guest ales on rotation. Suggestions will always be welcome.

The new Rotherham based brewery Chantrys have a few good ales, loads of local brews in Sheffield, support local trade. with the odd exiled brewery.

The Three Tuns

The Three Tuns ‏

The Three Tuns ‏

If you want to make a success you need to serve ales that people will come out of there way to try so a good range of styles and breweries is essential. I will go out of my way to visit places that have a good range for example the Harlequin.

Anything from the following breweries would get my attention

Raw

Buxton

Magic Rock

Summer Wine

Marble

Brew Company

Steel City

Moor

Arbor

Tiny Rebel

Thornbridge

If if I knew somewhere just serves bog standard ales then I tend to avoid them. A good selection of bottled beers and some decent whiksy is always a bonus as well.

If you want to make a success you need to serve ales that people will come out of there way to try so a good range of styles and breweries is essential. I will go out of my way to visit places that have a good range for example the Harlequin.

Buxton

Magic Rock

Summer Wine

Marble

Steel City

Arbor

well.

Some good calls. I'd add Great Heck! Plus Mallinson's. Hope to visit soon!

Some good calls. I'd add Great Heck! Plus Mallinson's. Hope to visit soon!

also...

Fyne

Hand Drawn Monkey

Kernel (if you can get them...)

Brodies

Harwich Town

Tempest

Hopcraft (shameless plug, this is Gazza from Steel City's new venture! will be brewed with Steel City attitude so should be good...)

also...

Fyne

Hand Drawn Monkey

Kernel (if you can get them...)

Brodies

Harwich Town

Tempest

Hopcraft (shameless plug, this is Gazza from Steel City's new venture! will be brewed with Steel City attitude so should be good...)

Might be struggling to get most of the above if its still a Punch Taverns pub, they can probably get most local beers if they are on the SIBA Direct Delivery Scheme.

Might be struggling to get most of the above if its still a Punch Taverns pub, they can probably get most local beers if they are on the SIBA Direct Delivery Scheme.

ah. didn't know it was punch. no-one mentioned it, and as you know I'm far too lazy to find it out ;)

Doom Bar is a nice drop of ale, what do you say Doom?

I think I had a pint of it in the Barrel in Chapeltown.

It's a decent pint for a weaker beer, but I generally prefer the stronger stuff....Hence why I enjoy Wobbly Bob. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 21-01-2013 at 17:50 ----------

Raw

Buxton

Magic Rock

Summer Wine

Marble

Brew Company

Steel City

Moor

Arbor

Tiny Rebel

Thornbridge

If if I knew somewhere just serves bog standard ales then I tend to avoid them. A good selection of bottled beers and some decent whiksy is always a bonus as well.

That's a very good selection, although I can't comment on Arbor or Rebel as I don't recall having any of their beers.

I'm also very partial to Brewdog, but I'm not so keen on the way they promote themselves or their pricing.

Regards

Doom

I think I had a pint of it in the Barrel in Chapeltown.

It's a decent pint for a weaker beer, but I generally prefer the stronger stuff....Hence why I enjoy Wobbly Bob. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 21-01-2013 at 17:50 ----------

That's a very good selection, although I can't comment on Arbor or Rebel as I don't recall having any of their beers.

I'm also very partial to Brewdog, but I'm not so keen on the way they promote themselves or their pricing.

Regards

Doom

Tiny Rebel was a new one to me until I went in the Tap 2 weeks ago and saw their beers then ordered their entire range In bottles from ales by mail and have been really impressed they are based in wales. I also love Brew Dog and Kernel beers but its either bottles or Keg and I'm not sure if the OP mentioned kegs. If it turns out to be a punch tavern my hopes for another venue in town to frequent might be dashed!

Hey tickers, I wouldn't get your notebooks in a knot. It's a punch pub, so they'll be 'tied' to stocking the usual suspects. A nice pint of Carling Black Label anyone? :gag:

I enjoy the stronger ales too and had a good night in the Cross Scythes the other week sampling the Thornbrige wares. Think though every now and again a pint of a weaker nice tasting beer helps keep you going a bit longer. Sort of Tantric drinking I suppose! :):)